Happy Dance!!

Old December 6th 03, 07:49 PM
Threaded

Default Happy Dance!!

Greetings All -

Today I've finished the stitching and beads in *A Mother's Heart*,
by Jennifer Cooke-Rabig of Ladybug Lane Designs (June 03 Just
Cross Stitch mag). Yippie skippie!!! It's my mom's Christmas
present, and it's currently resting in nice Orvus sudsy water.

I did a bit of changing grin as I'm usually want to do. First,
the ground is Dogwood 28-count linen (vs 32-count dove gray
linen), then I changed the green to Colorwash in teal, and the cherry
wine Gentle Arts sampler thread with a pinker one (don't have the
color number name nor company), then added frosted white beads
all around the border, ad instead of pink French knots in the center
of the little flowers, I used pinkish gold beads. In the center of the
heart, will be a gold heart charm (outline type, not solid), and in the
corner instead of a ladybug, a signature dragonfly button (some place
in the piece is always a dragonfly, even if it's only next to my name
and doesn't show.

Whew! It took about 6 months (the border is extremely labor
intensive), but it's beautiful. I showed it to my dad, and he was
amazed. I know mom will really appreciate it.

Well, enough! Time to get it to JoAnn's Etc. (the former owner
of Edna's Stitch N' Stuff works at the Federal Way, WA store,
and she does the needlework framing there, amongst other types).

Take care!

Eva in Sunny, but Chilly Kent, WA, US

for email, please use

Old December 10th 03, 06:41 PM
Kitty Fluff

Hi Threaded

I'm a newbie here. Just wanted to say your stitching for your mom sound
so nice...she's lucky

Also....we're practically neighbors! I live half way between Burien an
West Seattle! I bought my first Ultimate Sweater Knitting Machine a
Joanns in Federal way just two months ago! WHAT great yarn they hav
there! I think they have more than Southcenter if I remember correctly
Bad news is transportation is difficult for me....but....may have t
bribe a friend to take me. They've got a Red Lobster out there. A frien
and I go to dinner every month and she loves that place. Hmmmmmmm. Give
me an idea! :lol

I hope you post about your mom's reaction when she opens you
gift....that will be so much fun! Take care

Beck

-
Kitty Fluf

Posted via MooTal
http://mootalk.com
Old December 14th 03, 08:13 PM
Threaded

Hi Becky -

Thanks for the compliment.

Bribing friends usually work, especially when they may also need a
break. Knitting, huh? We've got little room for much else, but at
the moment my knitting itch is very tiny, and machine knitting hasn't
really intrigued me.

I'm happy you can find something you need in the area. I was so
disappointed when Edna's Stitch N' Stuff went out of business.
I'd just recently gotten back into xs and found all this neat stuff
I'd been missing in the early 90's.

If you need any xs framing, Teresa Fawcett, who used to own
Edna's, works there now, and she's great with needlework
framing. I took a lacing class from her.

Good luck with the knitting. What's your first project going
to be/is?

Take care!

Eva

"Kitty Fluff" wrote in message
om...
Hi Threaded!

I'm a newbie here. Just wanted to say your stitching for your mom sounds
so nice...she's lucky!

Also....we're practically neighbors! I live half way between Burien and
West Seattle! I bought my first Ultimate Sweater Knitting Machine at
Joanns in Federal way just two months ago! WHAT great yarn they have
there! I think they have more than Southcenter if I remember correctly.
Bad news is transportation is difficult for me....but....may have to
bribe a friend to take me. They've got a Red Lobster out there. A friend
and I go to dinner every month and she loves that place. Hmmmmmmm. Gives
me an idea! :lol:

I hope you post about your mom's reaction when she opens your
gift....that will be so much fun! Take care.

Becky

--
Kitty Fluff

Doin' the happy Dance JL Paules Beads 2 April 30th 04 12:50 AM
Happy Dance! Mellissa Allison Needlework 2 October 26th 03 06:56 AM
MN state fair happy dance! NeedleworkNutz Needlework 1 August 24th 03 07:48 PM
Small Happy Dance Bonnie Needlework 2 August 5th 03 12:46 PM