Posting Question

Old August 6th 03, 12:24 AM
angela

Default Posting Question

I made some new bracelets over the last few days and I really like them. Two
of them use the Mavis Smith beads I bought at the Bead Show on Sunday. I
want to post the link to my website here so you can take a look (if you want
to). Here's my question: Do I need to put "AD" in the subject line? The
bracelets are for sale, but I'm not showing them to you in hopes that you'll
buy them. My impression of this group is that you buy beads, but not
finished products (over-simplification?). I want to show them to you to get
some feedback and, okay, to show off the first REALLY GOOD BEADS I've ever
bought. :-)

Would someone please let me know what's appropriate? I don't like to join a
group and then start messing up the protocol. I'm already embarrassed that I
posted the question yesterday about finishing the multi-strand bracelet
before I checked the archives. slapping my forehead D'oh!

Thank you!

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

Old August 6th 03, 12:43 AM
mkahogan

Angela,
I think that seeing you aren't really targeting us as buyers, it's okay to
supply us with the link so we can give you feedback. I'm sure we would all
love to take a peek.
KathyH

Old August 6th 03, 01:23 AM
Dr. Sooz

I made some new bracelets over the last few days and I really like them. Two
of them use the Mavis Smith beads I bought at the Bead Show on Sunday.

Okay. How do you guys do this? I cannot make jewelry with brand new beads.
They have to ferment. I have never understood this.
~~
Sooz
-------
"Selective deafness, it's a wonderful thing." ~Kathy N-V
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old August 6th 03, 01:26 AM
Carol in SLC

I made some new bracelets over the last few days and I really like them.

Ang,

LOVE what you did with Mavis' beads - especially in the ocean bracelet!

Carol in SLC
My new stuff: http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/emma.jpg

Old August 6th 03, 01:38 AM
angela

I know! It was so weird! I thought it would take a LOT longer for me to use
those. I was sitting there talking to my husband last night and all of a
sudden I was like, "Oops! Gotta go!" and I was at my bead table making the
bracelets!

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

"Dr. Sooz" wrote ...

Old August 6th 03, 01:39 AM
angela

They are pretty small beads. :-)

ang.
____________________________
angelfish handcrafted baubles
http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish

"Christina Peterson" wrote ...
What really blows me away is than you only spend $40 and are talking about
the beads PLURAL that you got by Mavis Smith.

Old August 6th 03, 01:43 AM
angela

Carol is a sneaky one isn't she! Here's the link:

http://thehalsteds.com/angelfish/obrace.htm

The Mavis beads are in the two last bracelets on the page. Hope you like
them. (This link won't be good for long -- I'm about to do some remodeling
on my website -- but the pictures will be there *somewhere*, so if that link
doesn't work just start with the one in my sig....) Thanks!

ang.
____________________________

Old August 6th 03, 01:45 AM
Dawn Christ

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message
(snipped)
What really blows me away is than you only spend $40 and are talking about
the beads PLURAL that you got by Mavis Smith.

Tina

Hi Tina,

Mavis does sell small beads at ~$2.50 to $6.00 each. Angela could have
purchased those.

--
Dawn
Northern Lights

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
When we walk to the edge
of all the light we have
and take the step into the
darkness of the unknown,
we must believe that
one of two things will happen....
There will be something
solid for us to stand on
or we will be taught to fly.

Patrick Overton

Old August 6th 03, 01:48 AM
Dr. Sooz

And she did. I forgot about those. The bracelets are lovely, Ang dear. (Hi,
sweet Dawnie. SMOOCH)

Newbie with a question Colette Beads 8 August 5th 03 05:10 PM
Flex Shaft question Karen_AZ Beads 13 August 1st 03 06:44 PM
Question for Kandice BedazzlingJewels Beads 5 August 1st 03 07:05 AM
Monsterslayer / Beadalon question mªdcªt Beads 6 July 28th 03 09:10 PM
Another question.... Question about Beading Thread Ken Knecht Beads 3 July 16th 03 06:24 AM