Washing Iron-On Transfer

Old December 12th 05, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Washing Iron-On Transfer

Ok, I used my inkjet printer and some iron on transfer sheets to create
cute blocks of my baby girl for a WUH for DMIL. I would like to wash
this thing before I give it to her, and am curious of anyone else's
attempts at machine washing and drying before I ruin it completely! I
still have to finish quilting and do the binding, so I have a bit of
time to research before I attempt anything. The washing instructions
on the package are for t-shirts, and it wants the garment turned inside
out....so inside a pillow case would be my choice.

(And no, I didn't do a sample block to try first, but I might try it
anyway!)

Dannielle
MD

Old December 12th 05, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I hope it depends on the iron on transfer sheets used. The police quilt I
made my son was done that way and the first wash washed off all of his
policemen Thankfully his grandpa is a police officer and sent a bunch of
uniform badges and such for me to recover it in. I used transfer sheets for
the inkjet printer from Micheals store (craft store in Canada and I think in
the US too) designed for use on clothing. Off course I never even thought
about the pillow case idea. I think hand wash would be better just in case.
Or maybe not the drier.,... its mostly it was the drier that wrecked mine.

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Carissa in BC
ups.com...

Old December 13th 05, 12:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I insist that you make a sample of what you used and do a trial wash/dry. I
demand it. I will hold my breath and turn blue until you do. Now, you
don't want to be responsible for all that do you? At my age? Polly

"Carissa" wrote in message
newsWlnf.93712$ki.30861@pd7tw2no...
I hope it depends on the iron on transfer sheets used. The police quilt I
made my son was done that way and the first wash washed off all of his
policemen Thankfully his grandpa is a police officer and sent a bunch
of uniform badges and such for me to recover it in. I used transfer sheets
for the inkjet printer from Micheals store (craft store in Canada and I
think in the US too) designed for use on clothing. Off course I never
even thought about the pillow case idea. I think hand wash would be better
just in case. Or maybe not the drier.,... its mostly it was the drier that
wrecked mine.

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Carissa in BC
remove the dot before the @ for direct email
ups.com...

Old December 13th 05, 04:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ack! Fine...be that way. I'll print off a sample and do some playing.
I just finished with the quilting of the thing, and boy do I hate
SITD! One of these days I should spend a few hours just practicing and
playing with the quilting aspect...but I'd much rather send them off to
have someone else do it for me!

Dannielle
MD

Old December 14th 05, 03:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Dannielle, I do sincerely thank you for cooperating. Time is just too tight
right now for me have a fit. Please do let us know how it went, what you
used and what happened. We'll hope for good news. Polly

oups.com...