Washing a chenille throw

Old November 3rd 05, 03:50 PM
KJ

Default Washing a chenille throw

I have my chenille throw all bound and slashed and ready to wash. What a
bear to trim somewhat straight! All that stitching on the bias sure makes
it wonky. I was afraid I'd end up with a bath mat by the time I squared it,
but I played around and got it to a suitable size. Do any of you have any
tips and the washing? Should I go to a laundromat to do this? I thought
I'd read something about washing with towels or jeans??? It's not on my
pattern...did I read it here?
I'm glad this is done. Now I'm afraid it will look so cute when washed that
I'll want another one and forget what a pain in the butt it was to make.
Hummmm, rather like childbirth I think!

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old November 3rd 05, 04:44 PM
Patti

If you like the look of it, Kathyl, but not the undertaking in samey
sewing and cutting, you might like to consider putting focus pieces in
an ordinary quilt? I've seen it done, and it does have some appeal, but
I know I would cut the base layer gg so I have never investigated any
methods.
..
In message 2tpaf.506099$x96.377598@attbi_s72, KJ
writes
I have my chenille throw all bound and slashed and ready to wash. What a
bear to trim somewhat straight! All that stitching on the bias sure makes
it wonky. I was afraid I'd end up with a bath mat by the time I squared it,
but I played around and got it to a suitable size. Do any of you have any
tips and the washing? Should I go to a laundromat to do this? I thought
I'd read something about washing with towels or jeans??? It's not on my
pattern...did I read it here?
I'm glad this is done. Now I'm afraid it will look so cute when washed that
I'll want another one and forget what a pain in the butt it was to make.
Hummmm, rather like childbirth I think!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old November 3rd 05, 05:07 PM
KJ

I've seen that too, Patti. It's a nice way to have some in a quilt without
all the stitching. I do have to say, though, that I did NOT cut through the
bottom layer. I have a set of narrow cutting board strips that I slide in
the channel and slowly cut with my rotary cutter. I (don't read this Tina)
put my finger at the end of the strip so I don't go off before I get to the
end. No mishaps to my quilt or my finger! I have one of those rotary
cutters with the finger that is supposed to slide in the channel, but I
couldn't get that to work properly. I AM the Queen of Gadgets.....the "Show
Special Sucker!".
KJ

.
[...]

Played with Chenille by the Inch? Polly Esther Quilting 8 April 23rd 04 03:13 PM
For Jenn V. Chenille shawl Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 February 1st 04 09:07 PM
Power outage Katherine Burgess Yarn 73 September 2nd 03 02:59 PM
Chenille DL Poke First National Real Estate Quilting 4 August 28th 03 06:40 PM
Chenille - Kathy in CA DL Poke First National Real Estate Quilting 0 August 27th 03 12:56 AM