cross-stitched christmas stockings

Old June 25th 05, 09:41 PM
gundoc

Default cross-stitched christmas stockings

I don't know about you all but I am working on the 3rd christmas stocking
(counted cross-stitch) for my family. Each santas have a different color
wardrobe and posed different. So far I have done a green outfit, red outfit
and right now I am working on the blue outfit. I did the 1st stocking in 3
weeks and did the 2nd one in about 3 1/2 weeks. So I have about 6 more to go
before christmas (this will be my in-laws' christmas present) - will give it
to them on Thanksgiving so that way they can decorate the christmas stuffs.
Are any of you working on the christmas projects?? Marcie

Old June 26th 05, 02:43 AM
Jenn Ridley

wrote:

I don't know about you all but I am working on the 3rd christmas stocking
(counted cross-stitch) for my family. Each santas have a different color
wardrobe and posed different. So far I have done a green outfit, red outfit
and right now I am working on the blue outfit. I did the 1st stocking in 3
weeks and did the 2nd one in about 3 1/2 weeks. So I have about 6 more to go
before christmas (this will be my in-laws' christmas present) - will give it
to them on Thanksgiving so that way they can decorate the christmas stuffs.
Are any of you working on the christmas projects?? Marcie

In JUNE?!?!?!?

Well, yes.

It's certainly a lot less stressful than trying to finish them *all*
in November.

--
Jenn Ridley :
WIP: Water Lilies, Honey I Shrunk the Heart, Rose Trio, Emperor's Coat II, Carousel
Old June 26th 05, 02:51 AM
Brenda Lewis

I figure it will take me years to get the three stockings done for my
family. I'm busy making ornaments now. If I wait until the last
minute, they just don't get done. Too many other things to deal with in
November and December.

fran wrote:
In JUNE?!?!?!?

--
Brenda
NEW to Styx, classic to the world: Big Bang Theory
Old June 26th 05, 03:12 PM

wrote:

I don't know about you all but I am working on the 3rd christmas stocking
(counted cross-stitch) for my family. Each santas have a different color
wardrobe and posed different. So far I have done a green outfit, red outfit
and right now I am working on the blue outfit. I did the 1st stocking in 3
weeks and did the 2nd one in about 3 1/2 weeks. So I have about 6 more to go
before christmas (this will be my in-laws' christmas present) - will give it
to them on Thanksgiving so that way they can decorate the christmas stuffs.
Are any of you working on the christmas projects?? Marcie

In JUNE?!?!?!?

Well, yes.

It's certainly a lot less stressful than trying to finish them *all*
in November.

--
Jenn Ridley :

One year I started doing Xmas stockings in May and made a total of 4
(for my BIL, SIL and their two kids) by fall. Each was different, so
that helped cut down on the boredom factor.

Caryn

Old June 26th 05, 03:50 PM
bungadora

gundoc wrote:
I don't know about you all but I am working on the 3rd christmas stocking
(counted cross-stitch) for my family. Each santas have a different color
wardrobe and posed different. So far I have done a green outfit, red outfit
and right now I am working on the blue outfit. I did the 1st stocking in 3
weeks and did the 2nd one in about 3 1/2 weeks. So I have about 6 more to go
before christmas (this will be my in-laws' christmas present) - will give it
to them on Thanksgiving so that way they can decorate the christmas stuffs.
Are any of you working on the christmas projects?? Marcie

I work on projects on a rotation lasting about 6 weeks, and this
happens to be my 'Xmas week'. I'm doing a holly picture (Ginger&Spice
9104 Winter Berries) for myself, and am beginning to think it would be
a good idea to start working on gifts, mostly for nieces and nephews
because we do a 'one gift' exchange amongst the adults. Most of the
kids aren't really of an age to appreciate cross stitch as gifts, so I
will likely be knitting or beading gifts for them.

Dora

Old June 26th 05, 09:33 PM
Pat EAXStitch

wrote:

I don't know about you all but I am working on the 3rd christmas stocking
(counted cross-stitch) for my family. Each santas have a different color
wardrobe and posed different. So far I have done a green outfit, red

outfit
and right now I am working on the blue outfit. I did the 1st stocking in

3
weeks and did the 2nd one in about 3 1/2 weeks. So I have about 6 more to

go
before christmas (this will be my in-laws' christmas present) - will give

it
to them on Thanksgiving so that way they can decorate the christmas

stuffs.
Are any of you working on the christmas projects?? Marcie

In JUNE?!?!?!?

Well, now`s the time to start if you`re going to. After all, it`s July this
week! Personally I NEVER stitch Christmas items!

Pat P

Old June 27th 05, 07:55 AM
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

I just took 'Santa Of The Forest' out of wraps today and should be starting
it this week sometime. The way I figure it, working on rotation, I should
be finished just in time for Christmas!

Maureen

--
Heirlooms In Stitching