StampinUp Background Stamps

Old February 26th 05, 01:34 AM
Carole

Default StampinUp Background Stamps

I am not new to StampinUp, but I just bought my first background stamp. The
other stamp sets I gotten have been no problem trimming and mounting. Do I
also trim the background stamps. There really isn't much extra around the
stamp.

Thanks Carole

Old February 26th 05, 11:35 PM
Susan Eubanks

I always trim my background stamps too! It's just enough of an edge to get
caught on some cardstock when you press it down. PLUS you can line your
cardstock up along the edge MUCH easier when it's trimmed! Hope that helps!
- Susan
--
www.inkedblessings.stampinup.net
~Wishing you every stamp you could ever want...and then one or two more!~

ink.net...

Old March 1st 05, 10:24 PM
Barbara Hass

Carole wrote:
I am not new to StampinUp, but I just bought my first background stamp. The
other stamp sets I gotten have been no problem trimming and mounting. Do I
also trim the background stamps. There really isn't much extra around the
stamp.

Thanks Carole

I bought a hearts/swirls background stamp, and I did not do any
trimming. Used it to make 200+ thank you cards for our wedding with no
trouble.

Barbara

Old March 12th 05, 12:05 AM
tress

Well Susan, reading, buying and using products in rubber stamping I
felt very knowledgeable. While you and Carol ( Hi Carol ) talked about
the use of the background I was positive I too had a STAMPINUP
background stamp. Yet your web page I think is telling me different. I
had purchased two sets of stamps from HeroArts sometime back . One box
of 4 stamps having one of tiny leaves,little flying creatures,snow
flakes with one other of a forgotten subject.
How do you trim/cut back the background and why? I'm getting confused.
Being a visual person your art work didn't resolve my question. I read
and try all types of stamping. This may very well be something that has
been told to me by another word or epression.
So if you could educate me on the STAMPINUP Background stamps I'd
appreciate it. Many stamps I use as background stamps. But then I come
to "StampingUp Background stamps" and I feel like the first day I
bought that one stamp embossing pad. Thanks and glad to find a
stamping group with some character. Stamping/crafts is such a addiction
with all the products that never stop being introduced. Having a
Doctors appointment yesterday at 4:15 I hit A.C. Moore before my
appointment then Michaels and JoAnnes after wards. Thank you!!
Tress