Selling to Japan

Old September 27th 03, 05:11 PM
Susan B.

Default Selling to Japan

Hi all - as a result of donating some of my jewelry to the silent
auction at the awards banquet (my "coming out" event as an artist with
my former therapy colleagues) I have an opportunity to send some of my
work to Japan in 10 days to be shown to a few galleries in Tokyo.
Needless to say, I'm awed and amazed at the opportunity. The person who
will be "repping" me (when she isn't doing her uni prof thing) asked
for some photos, but I'm thinking photos plus a few pieces of my
lampwork bead and wire jewelry that she can take with her.
Have any of you sold in Japan?? If so, any tips about what is most
likely to catch the gallery owners' eyes??

susan in canada
reeling from the opportunities that have already come from being at
that banquet in my artist persona
Old September 27th 03, 05:25 PM
Dr. Sooz

susan in canada
reeling from the opportunities that have already come from being at
that banquet in my artist persona

WOW! Fantastic!!!! I am not the least bit surprised!!! :-D
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 28th 03, 12:28 AM
CLP

Congratulations!!!

--
It could work.

Live and be well,
Christy

Old September 28th 03, 08:11 AM
alia

wow!! good for you!!! if you dont mind my asking, how long have you
been making jewelry? it is a great opportunity, how wonderful for
you!

alia

Old September 28th 03, 04:44 PM
Susan B.

In article , alia
wrote:

wow!! good for you!!! if you dont mind my asking, how long have you
been making jewelry? it is a great opportunity, how wonderful for
you!

alia

Thanks Alia! I've been doing jewelry full-time for two years, and
lampwork beads full-time for just over a year. Dabbled before that for
several years with jewelry, and used it as a therapy medium in my
practice as an occupational therapist.

susan in canada
Old September 29th 03, 03:36 AM
Christina Peterson

This whole thing fascinates me. Can't wait to here how it goes.

And I got my beautiful mirrored Galapagos beads. They're gorgeous.

Tina

Old September 30th 03, 03:39 AM
Marilee J. Layman

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:11:07 GMT, "Susan B."
wrote:

Hi all - as a result of donating some of my jewelry to the silent
auction at the awards banquet (my "coming out" event as an artist with
my former therapy colleagues) I have an opportunity to send some of my
work to Japan in 10 days to be shown to a few galleries in Tokyo.

You should check Japan's rules for bringing in jewelry. It's
amazingly expensive and requires completely taping the box.

--
Marilee J. Layman
Handmade Bali Sterling Beads at Wholesale