some new things and Butterbean says......................

Old December 29th 04, 05:51 PM
Beadbimbo

Default some new things and Butterbean says......................

I've dusted off the pliers and have been playing with wire again. I picked
a couple of patterns to try from old WAJ magazines. I'm really rusty, so I
need to practice!

Anyway, here's the earrings I made, and why I was asking if anyone would
trade for a few pearls. Each pair takes 4 pearls of one color and 4 of
another. I LOVE these earrings though!

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/earham.jpg

I'm going to have to get some pearls at the next bead show! Now I want to
make earrings and a matching bracelet!

Then I decided to try something new, so I picked out this sword pin:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/sword.jpg

I have a little trouble with the directions, but finally got it done and I
think it turned out decent. I take back all that muttering I was doing,
saying, "never again!" while I was working on it.

Finally, Butterbean wishes you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR! You know how some pigs
are, always ready for a party:

http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/NYPsm.jpg

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old December 29th 04, 07:01 PM
Jalynne

Jerri, i just really love those earrings. Great job on them! Now I'm wondering what
they'd look like in gold...lol.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old December 29th 04, 08:47 PM
Dr. Sooz

~~~~I LOVE these earrings though!
http://www.beadbimbo.com/ebay/earham.jpg ~~

WOW!! Gorgeous, Jerri, and I'm not even a big fan of wire stuff!

And -- thanks for the New Year's Butterbean wallpaper. I've been
impatiently waiting.....

Love,
Sooz

Old December 29th 04, 08:51 PM

Gosh I remember those. I think they were in the first issue of WAJ
that I bought. I made a cuff bracelet in a similar style (as did many
wireworkers) and a pendant. As a matter of fact, I made a much
simpler style for a Christmas present.

Right now, I'm crocheting a piece in silver wire, but I think I'll
pull out some old mags after it's done, and try my hand at some new
old things.

Thanks for the inspiration to get away from the smithing bench after
this piece.

Old December 29th 04, 09:03 PM
Diana Curtis

I swore, after I got done working at the factory that makes electric motors,
that I would never work with wire or metal again. Damn you, damn you all to
... oh.. you know the saying. Those are beautiful earrings. My hands hurt
just thinking about making something like that.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old December 29th 04, 10:54 PM
Beadbimbo

Thanks, Jalynne!

I didn't think you could hammer GF, but I tested a piece and it looked good.
I guess as long as you don't hammer it too hard, so the metal underneath
shows through. Now I wanna make them in gold too!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com
link.net...

Old December 29th 04, 10:55 PM
Beadbimbo

Thanks! I'd love to make a bracelet, either a cuff or link the pieces
together. I'm going to have to get some more pearls first!

When to we get to see some of your silver smithing? (Or have I missed it?)
--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old December 29th 04, 10:57 PM
Beadbimbo

Diana,
These really aren't difficult at all and don't take a lot of strength to
do. (And if you have a handy-dandy 11 yr. old around, you don't even have
to hammer. "Can I hammer them for you?" Lol.)

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com