Cone 10 Glaze Recipes for Reduction

Old July 13th 03, 02:38 PM
Celeste

Default Cone 10 Glaze Recipes for Reduction

I am interested in cone 10 reduction glaze recipes to be used in a Gas
Kiln. I am looking for recipes that give consistent results on white
stoneware and brown stoneware. Do any of you have favorite recipes
that you are willing to share? I appreciate any assistance with
recipes or direction toward good resources for reliable recipes.
Thanks.
Old July 13th 03, 04:20 PM
SpunMud

I've heard that Tom Coleman's book about glazes is very good and definitely
covers the high-fire reduction spectrum. I can't remember what it's called
exactly, but it's something like "Glazes I Use . . ."
Old July 14th 03, 07:44 PM
Eddie Daughton

Try Greg daly's "Glazes and glazing Techniques" a fantastic place to
start.....
Good Luck
Eddie

Old July 14th 03, 08:18 PM
ShambhalaPottery

It depends on what you are looking for. I have some cone 10 recipes with
pictures on my web page at:

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/shambhalapottery/

There a books worth of cone 10 recipes for free on the internet. Just go to
google.com and type in cone 10 glaze recipes and several page will come up. You
can also try glaze recipes as a search term.
There are a lot of glazed in the Clayart archives and you can find a few
Clayart archives with a search engine. Look for the one that has messages
archived under subject matter and when you find it just to go the glaze
messages.

Regards,
June

[ADVERT] Formulas and Recipes Ana Raimundo Jewelry 0 April 2nd 04 04:54 AM
Glaze retouching Suzan Pottery 0 July 10th 03 07:19 PM
Historic pottery receipts Matthew Spong Pottery 0 July 4th 03 01:32 PM
Crystaline glaze "problem?" larry_kruzan Pottery 1 July 3rd 03 07:23 PM