My Sewing Room

Old February 16th 07, 11:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Default My Sewing Room

Delays, router problems, broken appointments (I was the one breaking),
big projects at school.... finally it happened yesterday and the
computer fiber connection was moved into the "big room" downstairs and
the former "office" is now my sewing room.

Oh my gosh what a mess. My husband looked at the stuff formerly
contained under the sewing tables and said "wow, you've got a lot of
fabric." Actually, I've g ot a lot of mess and disorganization. But
it's slowly coming t ogether. When all is put to rights I'll take pics
and let you see "MY ROOM!!!" It's really just right. The space is 11 x
12 or so. Someday I will have a genuine sewing table that the SM fits
into with a flat surface at just the right height. Until then, I've
got what I've got and it's pretty darned good.

First thing I'm gonna do is make myself some "girly" curtains to make
the room feel like it's no longer bursting with testosterone. My
husband and sons are big guys. Both the dogs are boys. The kids who
hang around are mostly boys. This is such a masculine household. I'm
gonna make my room very girly. BG Heck, I may even get some Barbie
fabric and have a go. LOL.

Sunny

Old February 16th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Congratulations! (and visions of a girly dust cover for your machine in pink
Barbie ruffles)
Roberta in D

oups.com...

Old February 16th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 05:46:25 -0600, Sunny wrote
(in article .com):

[...]

Happy dancing for your new room. Have fun with it!

Maureen

Old February 17th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

I also live in a very male household. The living room is decorated
rather formally with lots of pink. This is my way of saying, "boys
keep out." It has worked. About the only time you see one of them in
there is when they are quietly reading.

Susan

On 16 Feb 2007 03:46:25 -0800, "Sunny" wrote:

[...]

cleaning out sewing room/spare bedroom/catchal room judy in fort worth Quilting 2 May 29th 06 12:59 PM
Sewing room Don/Gen Quilting 21 January 17th 06 07:07 AM
Sewing room Laura in Chesapeake, VA Quilting 11 January 15th 06 04:55 PM
Sewing room set up! SusanTorrens Quilting 0 November 11th 03 08:25 PM