Still looking for small project ideas

Old March 20th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Still looking for small project ideas

I am still looking for that one special simply idea that I can make a lot of
for our guild show to sell. I want to ell something for between 3-5 dollars.
I have had some good suggestions, just looking for more. Not the ordinary
wallet, tissue holder, pillow, pumpkin pin, and act. The show is in the
fall, October. I want something that everyone can use or that will appeal to
children. Put on your thinking caps, go back in history to old shows you
have done and what someone sold a lot of that I could make. Thanks guys you
always have good ideas.

Thanks,
She in PA

Old March 20th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

She, did you see all of the responses to your last post? There were a ton of
projects listed.
good luck
Teri

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old March 20th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

i recall seeing a neat fleece scarf thing.
it could be used in so many different ways.
it was two strips wof of fleece, i'd guess about 9 inches wide.
sew the sides together but only down far enough so when pulled over your
head covers the neck fully.
it can be left over the head and pull the front side down to the neck to
reveal the face bit like a hood.
it can be worn fully on the head and ends wrapped round the neck, so both
head and neck keep warm.
it can be work fully down round the neck with ends wrapped round some but
ends left to hang or tied to suit.
i have no idea how clear that is to you but 1/2 yd of fleece is bout all you
need and so little sewing so you could make them up quickly enough.
the person selling these had a paper showing all the different ways to wear
it that you got to take with you too.
i'm hoping someone else has a link to this or can give better
size/instructions than i managed.
i thot it was really need and in a huge variety of colours makes the stall
very pretty and really grabbed everyones attention as the maker kept
rewrapping etc to show the diff ways to wear it. kept many enthralled with
the versatility of such a simple item.
great at that time of year coming up to winter and with xmas on the horizon.
in usa cost of fleece makes it i think a good option too.
ok, iirc these were selling yrs ago here for around $12, too expensive for
what you're wanting, sorry.
how about those wee heart hotpads?
i have a link somewhere, hang on a sec.....
http://www.quilteddragon.com/gtoj/ha...potholders.htm
you dont need a pattern for this.
your fingers fit into the sidesthru the slit in centre like the yellow, red
and bottom-one shown there.
its smallish, tho not sure how big.
anyone else know for sure?
i'll keep my eyes peeled for more stuff tho.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"She in PA" wrote ...

Old March 21st 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

If any one sees a photo of what Jeanne is describing please post it.
It sounds rather interesting, but I need a photo :-)

dee in Oz

Old March 21st 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

this is a crocheted version but you will "get"what Jeanne means I think -
scroll to the bottom for a diagram

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cwes-scarves.html

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old March 21st 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

So is the scarf like a tube with about a nine -12 inch opening. I would take
a 25 " wide and 36" long piece of fleece fold in half sew across both ends
and up the side and leave an opening mid way about 12 inches and then
continue to the end. I could make it longer if 36" isn't long enough. Does
that sound like what you are talking about?

She in PA

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
[...]

Hand quilting project? Sk8eraunt Quilting 23 July 5th 04 08:13 PM
Project planning Bungadora Beads 25 March 30th 04 08:12 AM
Ideas for finishing a project Ceredwynn \(remove the bad robot to reply\) Needlework 4 September 13th 03 06:10 AM