Question on lampwork beads

Old February 18th 04, 01:02 AM
Cheryl

Default Question on lampwork beads

I have a question for "buyers" of lampwork.

For years I have used 3/32 mandrels... but recently found I had some 1/6th
inch ones I had not used.

I made some beads on these - and like the smaller holes.....
so - the question is....
Which do you prefer --???
and why...

Thanks

Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old February 18th 04, 01:29 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Smaller holes are nice because if you use thicker wire (ie. softflex), you
don't need to stuff the holes with seed beads to take up the extra space.

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old February 18th 04, 01:32 AM
Dr. Sooz

I prefer the smaller holes, because I have to pack the larger holes with size
15 or 11 seed beads to keep 'em from wobbling around on the stringing material.

I made some beads on these - and like the smaller holes.....
so - the question is....
Which do you prefer --???
and why...

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old February 18th 04, 03:30 AM
Karen_AZ

LOL Cheryl, and here I am picking up more and more 1/8" mandrels (or bigger)
for stringing on leather/hemp and hair. Damn skinny mandrels bend (or burn
off...boro) too easily for me. I know, I'm a brute. LOL

KarenK

Old February 18th 04, 04:19 AM
roxan

I like the smaller holes because if you want to use smaller seed beads next
to them they won't go through the big holes.
Roxan

Old February 18th 04, 04:36 AM
Tinkster

LOL! Ditto here, Karen!

Old February 18th 04, 04:43 AM
starlia

I don't like the 1/16 mandrels either for the bending and burning reason
myself. I find that I'm progressively getting larger and larger mandrels
because of the size of my work.

Old February 18th 04, 02:18 PM
Cheryl

.. Damn skinny mandrels bend (or burn
off...boro) too easily for me. I know, I'm a brute. LOL

KarenK

Yeah - now I remember why I didn't use them..... LOL
They are ok for smller beads - but not big things or boro....