My Sewing Room.

Old August 16th 04, 02:54 AM
Coleen

Default My Sewing Room.

Oh, that sounds so exciting. When my son moved out and got married, I
hurried and redid his room into a nice purple -- just explained that if
things didn't work out and he came back home that he would be sleeping in
the beautiful purple and pansy guest room. He hasn't come home yet, tee
hee.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

"Nocturnal" wrote in message
After reading a post about a sewing room I thought I would tell you
all about mine.
My DD decided to work in the UK 3 years ago. GREAT !
The day after she flew out I sold her bed, moved the wardrobe out to
the garage and boxed up all the stuff she left here and put it all in
the wardrobe, out of sight out of mind!
Her bedroom has been my sewing room for the last 3 years.
Trouble is, it is not very roomy and now I have bought a quilting
frame I NEED MORE SPACE !
I have decided to build a carport out the front, take out the garage
roll door and put in a nice sliding glass door, Pretty curtains as
well!
I have already asked my son in law to plaster the walls so I can paint
them to make it brighter and I will put a nice flooring over the
concrete.
But first I will have to errect a new garden shed to transfer all
hubbys garbage so I can have the garage. The beer fridge will have to
stay though but that can take up a small corner. I could always cover
it with a nice quilt to make it compatable with the new sewing
room....
Then I move in,
My sewing tables and machines can stay put at all times and the
quilting frame doesn't have to be packed away everytime I have
finished using it.

Hubby said "What do you want another sewing room for? you already have
one! "
He just doesn't understand!

Only trouble is as the boat is in the other driveway, " MY " car will
be under the carport, my sons car is out side on the road, Hubby will
just have to find somewhere else to park !

Oh by the way....DD phoned yesterday and told me she is thinking of
coming back home to live.......FAT CHANCE !

Old August 22nd 04, 02:26 PM
Pat

My DD moved out, the equipment moved in!! The only delay was for DH to
paint while it was relatively empty. I chose an off-white, to introduce NO
color (Had I chosen purple, her favorite color, I would be risking having
DD move back in!) It is wonderful having everything permanently in it's
place and readily accessible. Those of us who spent years sewing on the
table, clearing things away to feed the children, can really appreciate
having our own room! Best of luck with the addition of more space.

Pat S

. ..

New sewing room pics Coleen Quilting 0 August 16th 04 02:48 AM
Sewing Room begat health disaster! Bronwyn Ferrier Ms Quilting 11 April 15th 04 11:06 PM
designing a sewing room Kate G. Quilting 26 March 17th 04 06:32 PM
Permanent Sewing Room! Lindroos Quilting 4 February 4th 04 04:26 PM
FAQ's on buying a new Sewing Machine Butterfly Quilting 0 October 17th 03 04:34 PM