OT Birth Announcement

Old August 31st 03, 05:12 PM
nana2b

When DD was born we had her name picked out as Leah Rebecca. When we
actually met her she didn't look like a Leah and she became Amanda Lauren.
It fit so much better! Fatten that little girl up!

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old August 31st 03, 05:23 PM
Kate Dicey

I finally got to see the pix! She's a sweetie! Doesn't her daddy look
pleased with her! And Big Brother is fascinated too.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 31st 03, 05:54 PM
CNYstitcher

Congratulations Karlee, Mike, big brother Vincent, and welcome little
Erin!!!

Larisa, who can't access the website for some reason.

Karlee in Kansas wrote:

Ok, we are home now from the hospital, so I'll post about her arrival. Its
long (as usual) so be prepared.

Old August 31st 03, 07:31 PM
jules

Congratulations to you all on the safe arrival of Erin Faith ( love the name
btw) I am not regularly reading the group atm due to trapped nerve in my
shoulder but while browsing quickly caught this thread.

Well done and I can't wait to see the pictures when the site will allow me
to get in )

--
Jules
"ME-Judy" wrote in message
news
Congratulations! Big Brother sure looks proud to be holding his "baby

sis"!
What a great loking family!
ME-Judy

"Karlee in Kansas" wrote in message
Ok, we are home now from the hospital, so I'll post about her arrival.

Its
long (as usual) so be prepared.

Thursday at around 1ish, I started having some pretty serious

contractions.
I kept an eye on the time, and when they hit 2 minutes(4pm), and

painful,
ordered the boys to pack the car. I *knew* that this time was "THE"

time.

We get to the hospital and they check me, I'm dilated to 4, so they

decide
to keep me. I get the nicest of all the labor rooms. The doc came in

and
we talked about VBAC since I had previously had a c-section, we talked
about pain relief, all kinds of things. I still wanted to try for a

vbac.

At around 7, I decided I'd had just about as much fun with the pain as I
could handle, and asked for an epidural. My water still hadn't broken,

but
since I was at a 5, they decided to break it after I got the epidural.

By
9, labor had stalled and they put me on pitocin to help it along a

little.
I didn't dilate between 7 and 9, and they decided to wait another hour.

At
10, I hadn't dilated...still at 5, we will wait another hour. At 11 her
heart rate was dropping drastically with every contraction, the
contractions were still 2 minutes apart, and I decided that I'd had

enough.
We were going in for a section. Took about an hour for them to get
everything prepped, and they started cutting at 11:58 pm, she was
completely out at 12:05 pm. Daddy was peeking over the curtain the

whole
time, and we both cried when she made her first loud protest at loosing

her
room at the ritz. Daddy wanted to go take pictures (since he now had
permission to do so by me lmao) and go ooohhh and aaahhhh over his new

baby
girl. I shooed him away so that he could go help with her bath and take
pics. Since the doc had me open, he asked me two more times if I was
*sure* about having my tubes tied. YES I was sure, get it done and
overwith so that I could go hold my baby.

I got to hold her one hour and 10 minutes after her entry into this

world.
It took so long because of the added time with the tubal. They did

bring
her by me several times while I was on the table so that I could see her
and kiss her. After they handed her over to me, I nursed her, and

cuddled
her, we napped together...I truly treasure her. I love to rub her tiny
little head that is covered with all that black hair and feel how silky

it
is.

Ok, the rest of the stats.

5 pounds 14 oz, 20 inches long, born at 12:05 am (0005 military time),

10
fingers, 10 toes, full head of jet black hair. *Very* much female. G

Yes, we changed her name at the last minute. And I mean *very* last
minute. I was 10 minutes away from being wheeled into the OR when we
decided on Erin Faith. I had been having second thoughts about naming

her
after my grandmother and great grandmother because of the intense loss

that
I still felt over loosing my grandma. Mike piped up that he always

liked
the name "Erin", and pointed out that it was irish (he is full blooded
irish). Ok, had the first name, but Eleanor and Mary just didn't sound
right for middle names. I started in on saying every name that I had

ever
heard, and when I hit "Erin Faith" he said
"ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now THAT I like!!" So Erin

Faith
it is.

You can find pics of her (and of daddy, and of big brother, very few of
mom) at www.geocities.com/precious_imari/index.html

Thanks for all the labor vibes and well wishes!!!

Hugs
Karlee in Kansas

Old August 31st 03, 09:03 PM
John Gallagher

She is beeuuutiful that little Faith and a scrummy big brother too Well
done Karlee!!
Estelle

Old August 31st 03, 11:27 PM
Sharon Harper

Yaaaaay! I'm a gramma - albeit a cyber one!!! Erin Faith is one beautiful
little happy chick and I'm so very proud of her momma, daddy and brother.
Well done you guys, you have produced a very gorgeous, very lucky little
baby. {{{{hugs}}}} to all of you.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

Old September 1st 03, 08:54 AM
melinda

Karlee in Kansas wrote:
The geocities site is having so many hits to it to see the pictures that it
is exceeding bandwidth, and that is why a lot of people are getting error
messages. There are currently 3 newsgroups that are all trying to see the
pics, so there is bound to be some issues.

I put the pics up on geocities because it is a lot faster than writing code
at angelfire. I will probably put up a mirror-ish site on angelfire once I
feel like sitting down for a bit longer stretch.

FWIW, I went to peek at it today, and got the same message that all of you
have been getting, so please don't take it personal. I'm sure that sooner
or later you will be able to see it g

Hugs,
Karlee in Kansas

I had no problems having a peek after Jaylyne posted the link there,
which was late morning eastern Oz time (maybe early arvo).

She's very long for her weight, isn't she? DS was the same length
but heavier. BTW his last measured length (7 weeks thereabouts)
he was 22" and just over 5kg, he started feeding more last night, so
I think he's going into another growth spurt! I know it's good that
he's gowing, but I have enough trouble carrying him around as it is
now!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old September 1st 03, 06:24 PM
Sandy Foster

Karlee in Kansas wrote:
The geocities site is having so many hits to it to see the pictures that it
is exceeding bandwidth, and that is why a lot of people are getting error
messages. There are currently 3 newsgroups that are all trying to see the
pics, so there is bound to be some issues.

I put the pics up on geocities because it is a lot faster than writing code
at angelfire. I will probably put up a mirror-ish site on angelfire once I
feel like sitting down for a bit longer stretch.

FWIW, I went to peek at it today, and got the same message that all of you
have been getting, so please don't take it personal. I'm sure that sooner
or later you will be able to see it g

Hugs,
Karlee in Kansas

I finally got in today, and Erin is really a cutie, isn't she? I
especially like the sense of humor she exhibits in the photo with her
cap over one eye. Daddy and big brother look pretty pleased, too.
Congratulations!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

AD: New Beads on Auction AND an Announcement Karen_AZ Beads 2 January 13th 05 01:54 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT Cindy V Needlework 0 March 25th 04 02:04 PM
Birth Announcement Dr. Sooz Beads 0 August 27th 03 05:39 PM