Starflake block

Old August 30th 03, 12:31 AM
CNYstitcher

Default Starflake block

WOW! ANd I get to test drive the pattern as well....um, I might take a
few months to do it, it is MUCH more intricate than what I am used to
doing, but hey...I wanted to expand my quilting horizons!

Larisa, suitably impressed

Musicmaker wrote:

I, being one of the lucky ones who got to test drive our Queen of Squishies
original design, the Starflake block, have finished it and posted it at the
yahoo link below my siggie. Just go to the quilts album and it's the last
one. Unlike the one Karen has made, which has warmth and movement, this one
is like a cool star in a midnight sky. It's a WOW block for sure. Don't
even ask me how many pieces are in it - ask Karen if you need to know.

Old August 30th 03, 12:32 AM
Jalynne

That is INCREDIBLE. Karen....you done awesome...i'm so proud to know you....and all
of you!
--
Jalynne

"Musicmaker" wrote in message
I, being one of the lucky ones who got to test drive our Queen of Squishies
original design, the Starflake block, have finished it and posted it at the
yahoo link below my siggie. Just go to the quilts album and it's the last
one. Unlike the one Karen has made, which has warmth and movement, this one
is like a cool star in a midnight sky. It's a WOW block for sure. Don't
even ask me how many pieces are in it - ask Karen if you need to know.

--
Lady Cynthia, Royal Musicmaker, numerically challenged and thus I don't
count,,,,,much

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/

A Sunday School teacher asked her little children,
as they were on their way to church service, "And
why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One
bright little girl replied, "Because people are
sleeping."

Old August 30th 03, 12:57 AM
Queen of Squishies

Now - I know this is not a marketplace group - so if you don't want to buy
this pattern, please do not email me at
I'm affiliated. Thanks.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 30th 03, 02:56 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Musicmaker" wrote:

I, being one of the lucky ones who got to test drive our Queen of Squishies
original design, the Starflake block, have finished it and posted it at the
yahoo link below my siggie. Just go to the quilts album and it's the last
one. Unlike the one Karen has made, which has warmth and movement, this one
is like a cool star in a midnight sky. It's a WOW block for sure. Don't
even ask me how many pieces are in it - ask Karen if you need to know.

Omigosh! This is *gorgeous*!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old August 30th 03, 12:53 PM
Musicmaker

It's a 12 inch block plus seam allowances.

--
Lady Cynthia, Royal Musicmaker

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/

A Sunday School teacher asked her little children,
as they were on their way to church service, "And
why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One
bright little girl replied, "Because people are
sleeping."

"Dawn in Alberta" wrote in message
. ca...
Its gorgeous , you were so lucky to test drive it. What size is the block

?
Cause I think I am going to have to bribe Karen with something for a copy

of
the block.

Dawn

--
When life gets you down , Get up and Mambo
John Candy

Old August 30th 03, 12:55 PM
Musicmaker

The difficult part was my own fault - I'm accustomed to paper piecing
without cutting the pieces of fabric by pre-figured sizes - I usually eye it
and cut it. That didn't work with this pattern. "Advanced" piecing means
that - nothing like a pineapple block or similar. The rest was simple, if
not easy - just take it one step at a time.

--
Lady Cynthia, Royal Musicmaker

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/

A Sunday School teacher asked her little children,
as they were on their way to church service, "And
why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One
bright little girl replied, "Because people are
sleeping."

"Carolyn McCarty" wrote in message
Lovely! Looks a hellish block to put together, was it? I like the

colors,
too. The other quilts were extremely nice, too. I'm envious!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

Old September 1st 03, 07:48 PM
Diana Curtis

snort! :-)
You forgot the 'yada yada'