Decorating w/ quilty stuff

Old August 30th 03, 09:11 AM
Harri Kulju Erin Winslow

"Jalynne" skrev i meddelandet
k.net...
Do you ever get the urge to organize it? I do, about twice a year. I'm

in the
throes of it right now...or is that "throws"? hehe. We're getting rid of

some of
our extra furniture this weekend . . .

When I first read this sentence, I thought you were saying that you got rid
of the furniture so there would be room for more stash. Dang furniture!
Always getting in the way! :-)

Erin Winslow

Old August 30th 03, 09:18 AM
Jalynne

well.....in a way....i am...LOL. i'm also clearing out some of the more "aged" stash
to make room for new. Sending out squishies and making more quilts. I'm tempted to
just roll around in it...hehe

--
Jalynne

news

Old August 30th 03, 11:06 AM
Roberta Zollner

You mean it's not enough to have quilts all over the place, in various
stages of completion, with accompanying sewing boxes and lint all over the
floor?

I like the nativity crèche (except they misspelled Jesus and it's sold out!)
The plates and mugs are fun too.
Roberta in D

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
I've asked y'all before if you decorate w/ your quilts, if your home says
"A Quilter lives here!" (Well, does it? g)
I'm always on the lookout for more quilty stuff, not too junky, not too
cutesy,
things that look quilt-related.
Came across this line of products by Jim Shore recently
and picked up a few pieces at the Arlington guild show
this past weekend (the vendor is a friend and guild member);
these are also showing up at gift stores (including our local Hallmark
shops),
so they're getting to be quite popular.
I'm not advertising for him, I'm not affiliated, I don't make any money
off
of this, just passing along some info, and wondering who else is enjoying
these goodies.
http://www.bearlandgifts.com/hwcmain.htm
http://www.collectibleshopping.com/h...ek/index.shtml
http://laceylady.com/angels.shtml

Sandy--yes, my home says "a Quilter lives here
& she's in charge of the house" ;-D

Old August 30th 03, 11:13 AM
Kate Dicey

Ellison wrote:

[...]

My house says someone who sews lives here... All the curtains were made
by me (the new ones going in James's room are bought, but I WILL have to
alter the length!). There are threads on all the floors and pins and
scissors in every room, along with tape measures and... Oh, I give up!
There's a sort of 'gloss' of sewing related stuff all over the house!
Some quilty, some not!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old August 30th 03, 11:25 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Hmmmm. Can you have someone video tape that?

I don't need to tell you what you can use all that pesky fabric in....

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

ink.net...

Old September 2nd 03, 04:10 AM
DebsPrintOnIt

I bought some of these items at a local gift shop for Christmas presents for
the quilt group. I'd love the nativity, but it is a little pricey so I'd
probably have to get a few pieces each year.

My house definitely says a quilter lives here. My girls say we live in a
padded house. I love finding quilting gifts and keep many for myself. At the
San Diego quilt show this weekend I bought a Tshirt that says "Quilting is
Spreading" with a picture of a quilter's backside. I don't know if I will keep
it or give it as a gift.
Debra in Idaho