Decorating w/ quilty stuff

Old August 29th 03, 11:06 PM
Shstringfellow

My home says "A Quilter lives here, and her fabric is in charge of the
house." *grin*

My home says "Dogs and cats live here and if you know what's good for you, find
the treats quick!"
SueS
Old August 29th 03, 11:23 PM
Sue

I'll be doing a forced organizing next week. My sewing room is getting
hardwood floors so everything has to be taken out then put back in. Should
be fun. I pinned a bunch of quilts this week on the old floor without a
worry.

--
Sue

"Jalynne" wrote in message
k.net...
Do you ever get the urge to organize it? I do, about twice a year. I'm

in the
throes of it right now...or is that "throws"? hehe. We're getting rid of

some of
our extra furniture this weekend, and I'm going through my stash to start

stuffing
envelopes full of squishies and sending them out. Getting rid of some old

books and
magazines, the yucky synthetic fabrics my mom sent me, because she thought

i might
like them....and making it a place where i can feel comfortable having a

friend over
to "play".
--
Jalynne
see what i've been up to at

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
m...

"Jalynne" wrote in message
.net...
Yep, Sandy, I decorate with quilting stuff....a ruler here, a basket

of
fq's there, a
roll of batting in the corner, and threads everywhere...hehehe

There's no
room for
anything else.

You must be my long lost sister! ROFLOL

(And what isn't decorating with stash fabric is "decorated" with dog

hair.
Every day I show that mutt where the vacuum cleaner is, and he just

looks up
with those vacant black lab eyes and wags his tail. Then he goes to sit

by
the treat jar. Hmpf!)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old August 29th 03, 11:47 PM
taria

Some one say the inside of my house, shook her head and
said "your home is full of things you love". That was the
nicest thing anyone ever said about my house My home
probably does say a quilter lives here. I sew in the main
area of the house (family room here) and so there is usually
at least one machine out. My floor hoop is usually up and
don't miss the pins on the floor! There are quilt on many
walls too. I don't have a lot of dust catcher type things
but several of those are quilt related. My mom has been gone
almost 3 years but her house still about how it was. It screams
my daughter quilts! She was always my biggest fan! My work is
eveywhere there. I have a sister that would love Jim Shore's
stuff. Wish we spoke more often
Taria, yep I quilt a little, not in charge though that takes
responsiblity!

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
I've asked y'all before if you decorate w/ your quilts, if your home says
"A Quilter lives here!" (Well, does it? g)
I'm always on the lookout for more quilty stuff, not too junky, not too
cutesy,
things that look quilt-related.
Came across this line of products by Jim Shore recently
and picked up a few pieces at the Arlington guild show
this past weekend (the vendor is a friend and guild member);
these are also showing up at gift stores (including our local Hallmark
shops),
so they're getting to be quite popular.
I'm not advertising for him, I'm not affiliated, I don't make any money
off
of this, just passing along some info, and wondering who else is enjoying
these goodies.
http://www.bearlandgifts.com/hwcmain.htm
http://www.collectibleshopping.com/h...ek/index.shtml
http://laceylady.com/angels.shtml

Sandy--yes, my home says "a Quilter lives here
& she's in charge of the house" ;-D

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm

Old August 30th 03, 12:01 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"Shstringfellow" wrote in message
My home says "A Quilter lives here, and her fabric is in charge of the
house." *grin*

My home says "Dogs and cats live here and if you know what's good for you,

find
the treats quick!"
SueS

My last dog was very good at saying that for himself. He was a 100 lb German
Shepherd who was not above standing on his hind legs and putting a paw on
someone's chest to stop them from coming in the house until the treats had
been forked over. LOL

Old August 30th 03, 12:01 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"Jalynne" wrote in message
k.net...
Do you ever get the urge to organize it?

I just lie down until that unpleasant feeling passes. Chocolate will help
with that.

Old August 30th 03, 12:24 AM
KittyG

I LOVE that shoe collection! What neat stuff. Thanks for the links.

kitty in phx
--
Remove "s" in email to respond.
http://community.webshots.com/user/kittykatchee

Old August 30th 03, 12:29 AM
CNYstitcher

So, um...do threads from various quilty projects all over the house
count as decorations??? My basement is completley decorated in quilty
stuff....threads all over the floor, quilts in various stages of
completeion all along one wall (on the sewing table), different projects
scatterd throughout the house....though I am trying to keep them close
to the storage area so that DH doesn't go nuts over it all

Larisa, who has WAY too many hobbies and not enough storage space

Old August 30th 03, 12:34 AM
Jalynne

Yeah, but dh booted me out of the dining room, which is where i've been sewing
lately. He wants me banished to the basement...which is really where i should be,
until the "dump" took over...lol. It's ok, really...you'll see a lot more creativity
and productivity I think after I get this room cleaned up. It's a big room, 2/3 the
width of the house and half the depth.....20 x 18 feet. Of course the desktop
computer host is down here, and a few other things, but i get most of the
room...hehe.

Old August 30th 03, 01:16 AM
Butterfly

Don't understand why he doesn't--ours even changes the bag:

http://www.doremire.com/
go to Butterfly II
Course as a *Reward* you have to vacuum her too : )
Butterfly (she'll even bring the hose to you whilst it's running ; )