Decorating w/ quilty stuff

Old August 29th 03, 09:22 PM
Ellison

Default Decorating w/ quilty stuff

Howdy!
I've asked y'all before if you decorate w/ your quilts, if your home says
"A Quilter lives here!" (Well, does it? g)
I'm always on the lookout for more quilty stuff, not too junky, not too
cutesy,
things that look quilt-related.
Came across this line of products by Jim Shore recently
and picked up a few pieces at the Arlington guild show
this past weekend (the vendor is a friend and guild member);
these are also showing up at gift stores (including our local Hallmark
shops),
so they're getting to be quite popular.
I'm not advertising for him, I'm not affiliated, I don't make any money
off
of this, just passing along some info, and wondering who else is enjoying
these goodies.
http://www.bearlandgifts.com/hwcmain.htm
http://www.collectibleshopping.com/h...ek/index.shtml
http://laceylady.com/angels.shtml

Sandy--yes, my home says "a Quilter lives here
& she's in charge of the house" ;-D

Old August 29th 03, 09:35 PM
Jalynne

Yep, Sandy, I decorate with quilting stuff....a ruler here, a basket of fq's there, a
roll of batting in the corner, and threads everywhere...hehehe There's no room for
anything else.

--
Jalynne

Old August 29th 03, 09:46 PM
frood

Ooooh! I love the Santas! I'll be getting at least one of those, maybe 2 or
3!!!

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old August 29th 03, 10:25 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Jalynne" wrote in message
.net...
Yep, Sandy, I decorate with quilting stuff....a ruler here, a basket of

fq's there, a
roll of batting in the corner, and threads everywhere...hehehe There's no

room for
anything else.

You must be my long lost sister! ROFLOL

(And what isn't decorating with stash fabric is "decorated" with dog hair.
Every day I show that mutt where the vacuum cleaner is, and he just looks up
with those vacant black lab eyes and wags his tail. Then he goes to sit by
the treat jar. Hmpf!)

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old August 29th 03, 10:26 PM
Kathy Applebaum

" Ellison" wrote in message

Sandy--yes, my home says "a Quilter lives here
& she's in charge of the house" ;-D

My home says "A Quilter lives here, and her fabric is in charge of the
house." *grin*

Old August 29th 03, 10:27 PM
Kathy in CA

Other that the usual sewing stuff that never gets computely put away, my
house doesnt say "a quilter lives here." I really have too many goodies
that need dusting now I am too new to quilting to have a lot of quilts
displayed as yet but will soon! I am working on WHs and table mats as well
as quilts. Maybe will make pot holders later to practise intricate patchwork
and fancy quilting. Some real cute stuff on that site though.
--
Kathy in CA
Quilting Stuff:

Old August 29th 03, 10:38 PM
Coleen

Jalynne --

We have the same decorating style. :-)

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

.net...

Old August 29th 03, 10:41 PM
John Freese

I was told that at the MN Quilt Show a number of stores had these figurines.
thye sold so manyt hey were backordered. One day I went into my LQS and
women were walking out with their arms full- the classroom had cardboard
boxes stacked along one whole wall. It turns out people ordered these by the
trunkload. Many bought the whole nativity set.

Helen in MN

Old August 29th 03, 11:01 PM
Lisa Ellis

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

" Ellison" wrote in message

Sandy--yes, my home says "a Quilter lives here
& she's in charge of the house" ;-D

My home says "A Quilter lives here, and her fabric is in charge of the
house." *grin*

I try to keep the upper hand over my fabric. A loosing battle; it was
confined to the sewing room, but has recently broken out and is now also
residing in son's bedroom. I have to do some shuffling when he comes
home on break...

lisae

Old August 29th 03, 11:05 PM
Lisa Ellis

Ellison wrote:

Howdy!
I've asked y'all before if you decorate w/ your quilts, if your home says
"A Quilter lives here!" (Well, does it? g)

Well you can tell a quilter lives in my house. There are several quilts
hanging in the entry hall, and one on the family room wall. I always
keep several quilts folded on the arm chair in the living room, one on
the couch to cover the holes (need to get in recovered). I keep my
current hand quilting project beside the couch as I tend to watch Tv
when I quilt. And quilt books everywhere...

lisae