OT - adult children, not sure which term really applies!

Old July 9th 03, 09:16 PM
TerriLee in WA

Default OT - adult children, not sure which term really applies!

Queen of Squishies wrote:

KIDS!!! I don't know what's wrong with all these kids these days! Either
none of us raised our kids right, or else I'm gonna have to blame water
pollution or global warming or something. Is is just me???? Or does this
generation of twenty-somethings just go around with their heads in the
clouds all the time! Seems to me, at least to me, that they just don't know
about real life. Maybe I'm just suffering from my own personal global
warming. That must be it. Because I know we raised them
differently..............didn't we?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
going for a cold glass of water, no......
that might be polluted.......
drink milk

Or wine! BEG I can *so* relate. My two 27-yo sons are just like what
you describe - "out there somewhere". For crying out loud, one is
living at home (again). Grrrr!!! But, on the bright side, my 22-yo son
is doing pretty well for himself, a nice SO, and a new granddarling
(boy) on the way. I think it just depends on the kid's temperament.
--
TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
Old July 10th 03, 07:03 AM
nzl*

eeeeeeeeeeeek, i'm thirty yrs late and still working on real maturity.
oh where did my kids go wrong with me...
jeanne*
--
RCTQ Houston 2004 Party Animals
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....

"Loren in Seattle" wrote ...
| A friend of mine recently went to a seminar on parenting teens and was
told
| that kids don't really reach adulthood until their mid to late 20's. We
let
| them live on their own and theoretically they are independent, but in
terms
| of real maturity, they are still pretty much kids.
|
| Loren in Seattle

---

Old July 10th 03, 09:43 AM
Kate Dicey

Loren in Seattle wrote:

A friend of mine recently went to a seminar on parenting teens and was told
that kids don't really reach adulthood until their mid to late 20's. We let
them live on their own and theoretically they are independent, but in terms
of real maturity, they are still pretty much kids.

Loren in Seattle

"Queen of Squishies" wrote in message
thlink.net...
KIDS!!! I don't know what's wrong with all these kids these days! Either
none of us raised our kids right, or else I'm gonna have to blame water
pollution or global warming or something. Is is just me???? Or does this
generation of twenty-somethings just go around with their heads in the
clouds all the time! Seems to me, at least to me, that they just don't

know
about real life. Maybe I'm just suffering from my own personal global
warming. That must be it. Because I know we raised them
differently..............didn't we?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
going for a cold glass of water, no......
that might be polluted.......
drink milk

My mother says it takes 25 years to civilize a baby, so that agrees...
;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old July 10th 03, 02:53 PM
Roberta Zollner

I don't know, mine aren't so bad. DD2 is 27 (DD1 is 31 so doesn't qualify
any more) and has supported herself for several years. They never forget to
phone when it counts. Never been in trouble with the law, no addictions to
alcohol, tobacco or narcotics, one has a doctorate and the other a master's.
My only complaint is the distinct lack of grandchildren, but I guess they
still have time.
Roberta in D

Old July 10th 03, 03:01 PM
taria

Hi Mauvice, It is a Saturn return and generally about 29yrs. Then will
cycle again in another 29 or so years. DH is working through his second
right now. He divorced the first time.....
Taria

CHARLES MURPHY wrote:

I am inclined to think the range runs from 20- 31 the astrologers say when
you have a Solar Return....true in the case of my two boys, the 25 year old
has always been responsible(his nature) and the other is 31 and OUT THERE!
He now has decided he has to have college to survive in the work place! And
so is going back to school, paying the full boat unlike the opportunity he
had before!!!!Better late than never....He has a great wife fery grounded
the 25year old has a SO who is a ditz! Sweet bu no common sense displayed.
Go figure. Opposites attract I guess. Such is life!
I have prayed , I have cried , I have yelled , I have resoned calmly....they
learn at their own pace! Have faith that you taught the basics and they
will come to their senses sooner or later.

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA
"Queen of Squishies" wrote in message
thlink.net...
KIDS!!! I don't know what's wrong with all these kids these days! Either
none of us raised our kids right, or else I'm gonna have to blame water
pollution or global warming or something. Is is just me???? Or does this
generation of twenty-somethings just go around with their heads in the
clouds all the time! Seems to me, at least to me, that they just don't

know
about real life. Maybe I'm just suffering from my own personal global
warming. That must be it. Because I know we raised them
differently..............didn't we?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
going for a cold glass of water, no......
that might be polluted.......
drink milk

--
Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old July 11th 03, 07:35 AM
Judy Grevenites

....Yeah, Kids!!...Why I remember back in the 20's when the girls ran
wild and took off their corsets and bobbed their hair!!

Yessir, we got TROUBLE! Right here in River City! With a capitol T
and that rythmes with P and that stands for pool!!

Yes, all young people are disrespectful, and thoughtless---Plato wrote
something about it way back when. They have to believe that they are
unbreakable.---If they knew what life holds in store for them through
the years to come--they would be too discouraged to go on. They will
either learn--or not, just as every generation before them has.
RedQueen

Old July 11th 03, 10:08 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:46:41 GMT, "Queen of Squishies"
wrote:

KIDS!!! I don't know what's wrong with all these kids these days! Either
none of us raised our kids right, or else I'm gonna have to blame water
pollution or global warming or something. Is is just me???? Or does this
generation of twenty-somethings just go around with their heads in the
clouds all the time! Seems to me, at least to me, that they just don't know
about real life. Maybe I'm just suffering from my own personal global
warming. That must be it. Because I know we raised them
differently..............didn't we?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
going for a cold glass of water, no......
that might be polluted.......
drink milk

Whenever I read something like this, I just remember the graffiti
that archeologists have found in Roman ruins, in which people complain
about the state of society and the way their children behave....

-- Jo in Scotland
Old July 12th 03, 06:33 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:08:58 +0100, Johanna Gibson
wrote:

Whenever I read something like this, I just remember the graffiti
that archeologists have found in Roman ruins, in which people complain
about the state of society and the way their children behave....

-- Jo in Scotland

The best bit of Roman graffiti I heard of was on a wall in Pompeii
which said "don't pee here because the nettles grow too high"

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK

Old July 12th 03, 07:40 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:

Whenever I read something like this, I just remember the graffiti
that archeologists have found in Roman ruins, in which people complain
about the state of society and the way their children behave....

-- Jo in Scotland

The best bit of Roman graffiti I heard of was on a wall in Pompeii
which said "don't pee here because the nettles grow too high"

Suzie B
--
"From the internet connection under the pier"
Southend, UK
http://community.webshots.com/user/suziekga

My dad came a cross a bit in a gents loo in Lincoln back in the early
70's... It said 'Nana Muskuri has wheels!'