Judaica/Jewish themed designs

Old October 17th 18, 02:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Anne

Default Judaica/Jewish themed designs

On Friday, June 22, 2001 at 6:58:46 PM UTC-4, Martha Fletcher wrote:
Does anyone know of any good designers/sites for Jewish theme projects?

My girlfriend is jewish and I like to make gifts for her. I can only
hope that whatever is patterned in hebrew is spelled correctly as I am
not jewish and cannot read hebrew.

My sisters, my mom and I embroidered for her a stamped cross stitch
Seder table cloth and matching napkins. It came out wonderfully and
thank goodness the hebrew was correct and in the right direction! I had
purchased it from a clearance table at the Stitching Post in
Catonsville, MD.

My mom embroidered for her a rainbow colored Hebrew Alphabet that was in
one of the ladies magazines and all the letters are in reverse order! We
all got a laugh and Tami loves it just the same!

Thank you in advance!
Martha

Martha, See if there are any Pomegranite Guilds near you. That is a Jewish embroidery guild and I am sure they would he happy to help you. If you can't find one near you, post back here and I will ask the local one (which cooperates with our local EGA chapter) if they can tell me of one in your area..
Anne
Old October 17th 18, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 8:10:14 PM UTC-5, Anne wrote:
[...]

I hate to tell you this, but Martha will probably not see this response. Note the date she posted was in 2001!!!

Hopefully your response will be helpful to someone!

Joan
Old October 17th 18, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 07:27:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

[...]

I thought there was a post until I saw the date I think when
Mavia solicited everyone to go to FB she was clearly successful, only
two or three of us left now. I don't do FB and was interested to
learn from Mozilla about FB selling phone numbers to companies who
wanted to do ads, it finally explained to me why I do not get those
annoying phone calls like most of the people I know!
Old October 18th 18, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

wrote:

[...]

I don't do FB either but I still get the annoying phone calls,
especially the ones spoofing my area code and exchange. Thank
heavens for caller ID! I hardly ever answer my phone anymore unless
I know the caller!

---
https://www.avg.com

Old October 18th 18, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure why, but I don't get them - I did get some while I still
had a land line, but none, ever, on my cell phone.
Old October 18th 18, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nyssa[_2_]

wrote:

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:59:32 -0400, Nancy Spera
wrote:

Fletcher wrote:
[...]

I still have a landline and no cell phone. I still get the
annoying calls from lying telemarketers claiming that someone
in my household has indicated they have an interest in (fill
in the blank) service or from someone claiming they're from
Microsoft and have detected a problem with my Windows computer...
and I use Linux.

Annoying, but I don't have caller ID and have elderly neighbors
in poor health, so can't afford NOT to answer the phone in
case it's one of them with an problem or emergency and they
need my help with something.

Nyssa, who actually did publish several Judaica designs way
back when

Old October 18th 18, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 09:34:57 -0400, Nyssa
wrote:

I'm not sure why, but I don't get them - I did get some
while I still had a land line, but none, ever, on my cell
phone.

I still have a landline and no cell phone. I still get the
annoying calls from lying telemarketers claiming that someone
in my household has indicated they have an interest in (fill
in the blank) service or from someone claiming they're from
Microsoft and have detected a problem with my Windows computer...
and I use Linux.

Annoying, but I don't have caller ID and have elderly neighbors
in poor health, so can't afford NOT to answer the phone in
case it's one of them with an problem or emergency and they
need my help with something.

Nyssa, who actually did publish several Judaica designs way
back when

Yes, I remember you well, good to see you again. Afraid I don't do
needlework anymore but do a lot of knitting, socks mostly. Kind of
you to look out for your neighbours, I do visit an old gal of 98, she
is pretty much shut in now but her brain is still all there.
Old October 18th 18, 05:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 7:59:51 AM UTC-5, Nancy wrote:

I don't do FB either but I still get the annoying phone calls,
especially the ones spoofing my area code and exchange. Thank
heavens for caller ID! I hardly ever answer my phone anymore unless
I know the caller!

Yeah, there are many weeks where I get more phone call from numbers I don't know than numbers I do! I wish the FCC would do something about it. sigh.

Joan
Old October 19th 18, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy Spera

On 10/18/2018 9:20 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 08:59:32 -0400, Nancy Spera
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

My brother gets them on his cell phone. Fortunately there are
apps that catch most of them.

Nancy

---
https://www.avg.com

Judaica/Jewish themed designs [email protected] Needlework 1 August 6th 19 03:16 PM
Floral designs, Ornament designs, Love designs, Baby designs ... bassem85[_2_] Quilting 0 March 2nd 08 03:42 PM
Judaica symbols KI Graham Quilting 1 January 29th 06 08:02 PM
Judaica Patterns Jane Needlework 1 March 8th 04 04:46 AM
Jewish Needlework Ellen Needlework 5 November 21st 03 10:42 AM