quilting marathon update

Old November 14th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
julia sidebottom

Default quilting marathon update

Well I am forcing myself away from my quilting to drop a quick note and
update on the progress of the holiday quilting I am doing.
The sewing machine continues to go non-stop. I am so thankful that I
can program into the machine what I need to do and then walk away for
short periods of time.
During the sewing machine break times I am making great progress on
the hand quilting of the grand kids quilts. I have finished one quilt
except for the binding and close to finishing the second one. (except
for the binding). I am hoping to start #3 in a couple days. My current
plan is to do the bindings when the hand quilting is done. If I keep
up my current pace it is possible I will have all the quilts finished by
mid December.
This pace however leaves very little time for much else. Jerry is
eating a lot of Stofers TV dinners these days. He is ok with that thank
goodness.
I should have my new dentures by next Monday so then I will be able
to go out in public again as well as go to my sister's house for
Thanksgiving. I can't bring my quilting with me for our usually after
dinner show and tell because my grand children will be there. So I
will have to bring a different project to work on. Thanksgiving will be
the only day that I will be able to take a break from the stitching if I
want to complete these quilts before Christmas Eve.
As soon as I get all 3 quilts finished I will post a picture of them
for everyone to see.
In the meantime the down side is I won't be posting much here (as is
already evident) until they are finished. It will be great to be able to
get back into the swing of things here again. However these quilts are
taking just about every moment of my time these days.
Well back to the hoop!
julia
Old November 14th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

You are making me feel dizzy at the thought of your pace! lol
--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

. ..