New Iron ??

Old August 16th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Darlene

Default New Iron ??

Hi all,
A friend of mine makes dozens of quilts a year, and had tired of
buying a new iron at least once a year. The last iron she bought was a
Rowenta from Best Buy. She purchased the insurance which is offered,
and hasn't bought another one since....... When it gives her trouble,
she returns it and gets a new one. " VBG" It works for her, with
no hassles that I know of besides having to drive to the store.

Old August 16th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

I just bought one of the new Oliso irons that have the feet. That part I
really like, not near the stress on your wrist since you never have to set
it up on the heel of the iron. If you want to see what I'm talking about -
www.oliso.com

However, (and this is a big however) it doesn't steam worth a darn - I like
a steam iron that STEAMS (yes, Ragmop, I know - you never put water in your
iron!) and it doesn't get as hot as my old Rowenta does.

I just emailed the company to tell them that I'm not the least bit happy
with their iron! Two of my friends got them at the same time at a quilt
show and they don't like theirs either.

I didn't know Rowenta offered insurance - I sure woulda bought it had I
known that!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

ups.com...

Old August 17th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Laurie G.

I have been looking at this iron.....so I'm glad you wrote about your
experience with it. I LIKE steam and heat. I won't be getting it now. I've
been through my share of Rowenta's too. Insurance might be the way to go
though......... I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the input!

--
Laurie G. in CA
http://community.webshots.com/user/lagrant7

Old August 17th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

Default Followup New Iron ??

I emailed the Eliso company and received and immediate answer (within half
an hour of my email). They are sending me a new iron to replace the one I
bought and said if I don't like it, they will arrange for a refund. When I
told them that two of my friends also bought the irons and don't like them,
they made the same offer to them.

Now, that's good customer service. I'll let you know after I get the new
iron.

Old August 17th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Refund! Send it back!!! They owe you, Donna.
Yeah, some of us are steamers, some of us are sprayers,
some are just drips. VBG

Ragmop/Sandy--spray bottle on stand-by

Old August 17th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

Donna in Idaho wrote:
I didn't know Rowenta offered insurance - I sure woulda bought it had I
known that!

I think the insurance/maintenance agreement/extended warranty is with
the store where the iron is purchased, not the Rowenta company. K-mart,
Sears, Best Buy are all big on maintenance agreements/extended
warranties, etc. I never buy them -- I figure that the store is betting
that any repairs or replacement will cost them less than they are
charging you. I'm willing to bet the same odds, and I think all told,
I've come out ahead. YMMV

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old August 17th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

Could be the store since I heard nothing about Rowenta insurance from the
store where I did buy the two Rowentas I've had.