Baby quilt finished!!

Old August 10th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Default Baby quilt finished!!

Yay! I finished quilting and binding the baby quilt last night and it's
off ot its new home today at noon. I'm really excited. I've only seen
photos of little Andrea so far, but she's obviously a true beauty.

The quilt was started after my mom sent me an old McCall's magazine
article. Then I saw Mini's quilt -- thanks Mia for letting me borrow
some of your really good ideas -- and the two inside borders were born
as well as the back border. I quilted each print block according to the
design on the quilt. The only one where I didn't follow the designs was
the ones with polka dots and there, I just made big circles. It was
really fun. I put on two appliques....had to restrain myself from
covering it in flowers and butterflies. My quilting is not great, but
it's enthusiastic and I hadh a really g ood time making this little
quilt.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16989612@N00/?saved=1

Comments welcome!
Sunny
Oh, I finally got a pic of one of my QI's.......

Old August 10th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Sunny" wrote:

[...]

What an adorable quilt, Sunny! Bright and cheerful, which is perfect for
a baby -- and even the back has interest because of the border you so
cleverly added there. As for your enthusiastic quilting, I don't see
anything wrong with it -- it's terrific! Did you say it was your first
free-motion quilting, or am I remembering someone else? G
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 10th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

WOOO HOOOO!!! it's wonderful!

I love the quilting you did! it's much better than anything I can do!

--
Jessamy - still pondering the anime - it looks great but it is, as the
others say, missing something - probably the wolf ;-)

Old August 10th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Dancing in the moonlight for ya, Sunny! I love it!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 10th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Excellent! I like your color choices,
Sunny. Your coffee quilt is especially
appealing. PAT

Old August 10th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

Really pretty and don't beat yourself up over the quilting, it looks
fantastic!!!

Linda in Tx

Old August 10th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On 10 Aug 2006 09:14:10 -0700, "Sunny"
wrote:

Yay! I finished quilting and binding the baby quilt last night and it's
off ot its new home today at noon.

This is brilliant! I love your bright color choices. I
hope the one I'm working on turns out half as well.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old August 10th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

It really does look splendid, Sunny.
I love the way that pattern has evolved. Those two narrow bright
borders really set it off.
Your quilting is fine, and very pretty - and you enjoyed it all. Great!
..
In message .com,
Sunny writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 11th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
A&T

I can understand having to fight the urge to cover it with Butterflies!!!

It's adorable.

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old August 11th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Thank you Emilia!
I don't know about the fabric being better than on yours, mostly just
different. I will tell you that s everal of the pieces aren't "fabric"
bought at a fabric store. They're cut out of shirts and skirts I found
at garage sales and t hrift stores. I love to do that -- find a
brilliantly colored garment that's cotton (or silk) and buy it for a
bit of nothing and take it home and cut it into useable pieces. Very
fun

Thanks again, for the sweet words and for the inspiration!

Sunny

mini Mini wrote:
IT"S FABULOUS!!!

And (as I was complaining in an early post), your fabrics are so much
nicer than mine! It makes me sad that I'm stuck in the fabric desert!
(

But at least I get to live vicariously though all of you here! )

Great Quilt, Sunny! I love it!

"Sunny" wrote in news:1155226450.410172.243110
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com: