APNQ

Old August 10th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
shhdesigns

Default APNQ

Hi Everyone.

Haven't posted in a while, but wanted to remind anyone in the Pacific
Northwest that Seattle is the place to be this weekend.

The quilt show is on at the Seattle Centre. I'm volunteering at the Gala
Dinner, so if you come, I'll be the numbers person trying to remember who
bought what for how much at the auction. Don't talk to me I'm counting...no
come and say hi if you see me! Should be fun and always some wonderful
quilts.

I'm heading down after work to stay at Donna's in Bellevue.

Full report on return.

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of the Travelogues

Old August 10th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Lucky you! Give Donna a hug for me please! And buy yourself a little extra
fabric for which you have no use at all :-)
Roberta in D

Old August 11th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

I'm headed over if I can. Depends on circumstances ...... my health
mostly....... but I am keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Sunny

Old August 11th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

I wish I could go up but alas I work all weekend.

--
Mary
"Sunny" wrote in message
oups.com...
: I'm headed over if I can. Depends on circumstances ...... my health
: mostly....... but I am keeping fingers and toes crossed.
:
: Sunny
:

Old August 11th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter

maybe I'll see you there! I am hosting sunday at noon.

shhdesigns wrote:
Hi Everyone.

Haven't posted in a while, but wanted to remind anyone in the Pacific
Northwest that Seattle is the place to be this weekend.

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)
Old August 15th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
shhdesigns

Hi Everyone,

As promised here is a short report. I left work on Thursday night to drive
down to my friend Donna's in Bellevue. Got there by 8:30 p.m.

The next morning we headed over to Adele's and helped pack the delivery
truck with baskets for the silent auction. Some wonderful goodies.

Then off for breakfast, a quick trip to Pacific Fabrics, and the Loft quilt
shop.

Next we went home for a nap, neither one of us slept very well the previous
night. Then an early dinner, some reading and bed by 10 p.m.

Saturday we were at the Seattle Centre by 0930 to pick up our volunteer
tags. Then we went to the Northwest rooms to help with setting up the
tables for the silent auction and whatever else we could do.

Back downstairs to the show. What a great show! The best of show is a huge
cat quilt that has quilt blocks and a cat on it.

There was something for everyone. The touring show Spice of Life was on
display. The vendors market was great. I had a decided to buy one of the
Tutto suitcases for my sewing machine so I only got a sashiko pillow square
to work on along with thread and needles.

I ended up getting the large suitcase because I don't think I'd ever take my
sewing machine on a plane, so the larger one is more practical for workshops
and retreats. She also had a show special for the Serger tote so I got one
to match. The suitcase collapses down to about 3". Here is a review and
link to their website if you are interested.
http://www.planetpatchwork.com/tuttoreview.htm
I ended up with the hot pink colour. It will go nicely with my turquoise
and black luggage! Now to find some bright yellow accents and I'll have my
colour wheel with me always!

The gala dinner was great, although I was busy trying to keep track of
bidding numbers and their bids. I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and will
offer to help again.

Back to Donna's by 10 p.m. and home Sunday afternoon.

Tired but happy to have the experience. Check out http://www.apnq.org/ for
info about APNQ

Cheers,

Old August 15th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article QmaEg.397200$iF6.347360@pd7tw2no,
"shhdesigns" wrote:

Hi Everyone,

As promised here is a short report.

Thanks for the report, Sandi! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Back downstairs to the show. What a great show! The best of show is a huge
cat quilt that has quilt blocks and a cat on it.

A real one?

There was something for everyone. The touring show Spice of Life was on
display. The vendors market was great. I had a decided to buy one of the
Tutto suitcases for my sewing machine so I only got a sashiko pillow square
to work on along with thread and needles.

I have the large Tutto suitcase, too, and love it. I hope you like
yours as much as I do mine. It rolls so easily and makes traveling with
a heavy SM so much less of a strain.

Welcome home!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas