New QI!!! and dog toys

Old August 9th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Georg

Default New QI!!! and dog toys

Charlotte Hippen wrote:
I think I'm going to do like blackrose (I believe) suggested and cut strips
of fleece for tug of war toys. I think I'll also sew up some bone and basic
shaped toys using it. I wonder if baby (human) toys made from fleece would
work. I've seen a couple of ball variations on the internet that I may try.
Sorry I don't know the links right now, but will try to remember to post
them later. I will also post any results I have with them for you. I
think someone (for some reason I want to say butterfly but am probably
wrong) used some embroidery minkie patterns for making cat toys. If your
interested, it should be in the archives since I read it here.

The caveat with giving puppies human toys- make sure there are no
buttons or ribbons to chew off and that it is stuffed with stuffing and
not beads. Otherwise, it ought to be okay.

Tyson's trip to the vet to be neutered turned into a happy ending for
him - someone there saw him and thought of a home for him, so he'll go
straight to a happy forever home. I am pleased. (yes, I have checked out
the home/new owner).

-georg
Old August 10th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte Hippen

Glad to hear about Tyson finding a permanent home!!

Thanks for the warning about the toys. Something I already knew and even
watched for my human babies. I did screw up on one of them I got for him at
the Salvation Army though. It is a weird looking critter with lots of legs
I thought he would enjoy and would be easy for the boys to find something to
grab when playing tug of war. It had some sort of electronic thingy in it
that didn't work any longer that I was worried about getting out OK, so I
forgot to look at the eyes. After I got home and I got the electronics out
no problem, I noticed the button eyes, which by the way, are really glued in
there and going to be difficult for me to get out. The others I got him all
have felt or embroidered eyes and I've already de-ribboned them. On the
same note ones got to watch the pet shop ones too!! DH purchased a "dog"
stuffed duck from the pet shop when we picked him up that has an elastic
cord hanging loop!! That's coming off too!!

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old August 10th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

Any one know of any links to internet patterns for
dog/pet toys? Anyone have toys that they make their K9 QI's that you could
type up some brief instructions and/or a description? Thanks bunches from
me and my soon to be QI!!!

congratulations on the new addition. I can't help you with dog toys,
although I did make some cool knitted and felted cat toys.

Maureen

Old August 15th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Musicmaker

I know I'm very late in reading this - but hey, I read it!! This may
have no bearing on a cute little QI like yours - but the last time I
made a fleece pull toy for JJ, she ate enough of it to eventually
'expel' some very interesting hot pink chunks out of the rear end. I
guess, fleece being indigestable, that's a good thing?

Musicmaker

Charlotte Hippen wrote:
I think I'm going to do like blackrose (I believe) suggested and cut strips
of fleece for tug of war toys. I think I'll also sew up some bone and basic
shaped toys using it. I wonder if baby (human) toys made from fleece would
work. I've seen a couple of ball variations on the internet that I may try.
Sorry I don't know the links right now, but will try to remember to post
them later. I will also post any results I have with them for you. I
think someone (for some reason I want to say butterfly but am probably
wrong) used some embroidery minkie patterns for making cat toys. If your
interested, it should be in the archives since I read it here.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

"Georg" wrote in message

If you do find links, please share them! I feel the need to make cat and
dog toys. He definitely needs stuff to help him teeth at that age!

Unfortunately, the Jack Russell Terrier we've been caring for as a favor
to a friend has been surrendered completely to us, and we've made
arrangements for JRT rescue to give him a good home. We knew we would not
keep him forever, and he is in fact too energetic for us. It's still sad
to drop a dog off, but hopefully I can send him off with some toys for his
new friends. I know they'll care for him and he'll be happier.

-georg