OT - Humour meant to be taken light heartedly

Old August 16th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default OT - Humour meant to be taken light heartedly

Forwarded in jest. I got it from a friend in the States.

Doctors:

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are
120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services

Now think about this:

Guns:

(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million..)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age
groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is
0.000188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times
more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do".

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT
LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must
ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld the
statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people
to panic and seek medical attention

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ o _ o 0 0

Old August 17th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mystified One

Forwarded. Thanks!

Old August 17th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Even DH liked this one!

Kate in MI

"Cats" wrote in message ...
[...]

New pics, new & nearly new work and new light box too! Polly S. Beads 15 December 7th 05 12:01 AM
gemstone flourescence m4816k Jewelry 3 October 13th 05 03:15 AM
Let there be light!! Christina Peterson Beads 9 January 16th 04 10:01 PM
David Keys Speaks on "Stones For Sacred Healing" - The Isle Of Light Internet Radio Show cap22 Beads 0 December 30th 03 04:11 AM