HEADS UP - Painting with 24K gold

Old June 12th 04, 08:09 AM
Christina Peterson

Default HEADS UP - Painting with 24K gold

Sounds like a great time!

Tina

"vj" wrote in message
news
The new Lapidary Journal is out.
on page 51 is an article called "Painting with Pure Gold" and how to
apply 24K gold accents to silver metal-clay jewelry . . . .

and it's GORGEOUS!
calls for PMC+

interested parties might want to pick up the July 2004 issue!

[now back to your regularly scheduled conversations]
FYI - i haven't been around much, because at the moment i'm swamped
again! i had NO idea how intense this class was going to be. plus
the rock/gem club meetings. plus the full-time job. plus everything
else i'm trying to deal with [including one sweet customer who keeps
coming up with new things he wants me to design for him - - or at
least he has a list for me to think about as i go and sharpen my skill
set!]

so . . . **HUGS** TO ALL WHO NEED THEM.
**PRAYERS** LIKEWISE!
boy, am i glad i got that bracelet done LAST week!!!!!!!!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
-----------
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Old June 12th 04, 11:46 AM
Shirley Shone

I watched it being done on Sky TV Create and crafts a few weeks ago.

The fine gold is mixed with water to make a slip. It is them painted on
the silver and fired with the butane torch.
Looked good but the price put me off straight away.

3grams of the gold cost 65.90 GBP's approx. 120 dollars.
Nearly two weeks of my retirement pension.
Shirley

In message , vj
writes

--
Shirley Shone
Old June 12th 04, 04:17 PM
grenner

The Web site of the place mentioned in the magazine article showed the stuff
and I tried to order a 1 gram bottle over thier Web site. The site would
not let my order go through. I emailed them about the problem and my email
was never returned. Maybe they were swamped with requests. The stuff is
expensive though.

The site pmcsupply.com has a thicker gold leaf material that is meant to be
applied by the Koran kum boo method of heating the silver item first then
laying on this gold and burnishnig it in. That also sounds interesting.

Greg

Old June 12th 04, 08:05 PM
grenner

I tried to contact them last Tuesday. I just tried again and the order on
line worked this time. The price is $42 for 1 gram. I will let you know my
experience with this stuff when it comes.

Greg

we'll hope that's the problem? how long ago did you try to contact
them?

Old June 13th 04, 04:05 AM
Christina Peterson

Oh yes, the losing it part is a given!

Tina

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Christina Peterson"
:

]Sounds like a great time!

well, i'm not sure i would phrase it QUITE that way.
most days i feel like i'm totally losing it!

-----------

Old June 17th 04, 06:15 AM
KDK

We used the 24k gold PMC in my Level II class. I made what will eventually
be earrings (I forgot to put the hole in them before firing and haven't
drilled it since). It was pretty cool to use. I bought a gram of the gold
from the instructors, but I haven't done anything with it.

And the July issue isn't out here yet (pout).

Kathy K

Silver and Gold? Gemfyre Beads 9 June 11th 04 12:46 AM
Question on Silver and Gold Candace Beads 4 April 27th 04 04:38 PM
Working with gold leaf? Steve Richardson Beads 18 December 3rd 03 12:54 AM
Gold filled vs gold clasps CLP Beads 47 July 27th 03 04:34 AM
Gold Filled Toggles (and note to Mary S) Christina Peterson Beads 6 July 19th 03 02:32 AM