Lewiscraft is closing in Canada

Old February 26th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Lewiscraft is closing in Canada

Hi

Here is some information. Lewiscraft has been bought by the Bentley
group. The store was informed Thursday morning via e-mail that they
would be closing within 90 days. Signs in the stores went up Thursday
afternoon. 30% off everything except Christmas which is 70%.

I am been going in and picking up lots and lots of yarn in the last
couple of days. Right now is when I find out how much DH really loves
me. I have now gone to 5 stores and have picked up yarn in everyone of
them.

Yarn is going extremely fast so if anyone wants some they better go
very soon.

Darlene in Toronto

Old February 26th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Craftkitten wrote:
Hi

Here is some information. Lewiscraft has been bought by the Bentley
group. The store was informed Thursday morning via e-mail that they
would be closing within 90 days. Signs in the stores went up Thursday
afternoon. 30% off everything except Christmas which is 70%.

I am been going in and picking up lots and lots of yarn in the last
couple of days. Right now is when I find out how much DH really loves
me. I have now gone to 5 stores and have picked up yarn in everyone
of them.

Yarn is going extremely fast so if anyone wants some they better go
very soon.

Sorry that they are closing, but even sorrier that I won't be able to take
advantage of the sales. :-(

Higs,
Katherine

Old February 26th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Katherine wrote:

Sorry that they are closing, but even sorrier that I won't be able to take
advantage of the sales. :-(

Higs,
Katherine

Hi Katherine

I can probably help with that it's within the province for mailing.

Michelle

Old February 26th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:

Sorry that they are closing, but even sorrier that I won't be able
to take advantage of the sales. :-(

Higs,
Katherine

Hi Katherine

I can probably help with that it's within the province for
mailing.

Hmm, I never thought of that!

Higs,
Katherine (thinking!)

Old February 26th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:

Sorry that they are closing, but even sorrier that I won't be able
to take advantage of the sales. :-(

Higs,
Katherine

Hi Katherine

I can probably help with that it's within the province for
mailing.

Hmm, I never thought of that!

Higs,
Katherine (thinking!)

Best think fast...the stores here are losing stock quickly. I was in
there about an hour ago (yes, slap me) and there's a big difference
from when I was in on Friday. I can stuff an express post envelope
full of whatever you want and shoot it off to you. They have a small
selection of sock yarn, Shetland Chunky, various different bernat yarns
and lots of Berella 4. Plus some assorted stuff in their clearance
bins. And other crafty stuff too; I got a whole bag of beads and wire
to crochet with today.

Michelle

Michelle

Old February 26th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Craftkitten wrote:
Michelle

Isn't it amazing how quickly stock of yarn is going out of Lewiscraft.
I think part of it was due to there being limited stock to begin with
and now people are figuring they better grab what they can get. I know
I was going to be very good but once I saw stock going quickly I
decided to get the yarn that I wanted.

Darlene in Toronto

Same here, with beads. They're going fast, so I grabbed what I loved.
None of their yarn really struck my eye so I've left it for now.
Perhaps by next payday

Michelle

Old February 26th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi the

You are so lucky that your Lewiscraft stores have stock to actually get rid
of.
I remember going there not too too long ago, wanting to purchase yarn for an
afghan. I had a few different patterns (different yarns) that I could use
and our stores (2) in the Niagara Region did not have sufficient yarn/dye
lot to complete any of them sigh. Not even the stores combined (some from
each store)!

take care
donna from ontario, canada

oups.com...

Old February 27th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Eastern Edge wrote:
Katherine wrote:

[...]

Any self-striping sock yarn?

HIgs,
Katherine

Old February 27th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Donna D. wrote:

Hi the

You are so lucky that your Lewiscraft stores have stock to actually get rid
of.
I remember going there not too too long ago, wanting to purchase yarn for an
afghan. I had a few different patterns (different yarns) that I could use
and our stores (2) in the Niagara Region did not have sufficient yarn/dye
lot to complete any of them sigh. Not even the stores combined (some from
each store)!

take care
donna from ontario, canada

This is a common issue we come against in our stores. People complain
that Michael's or Lewiscraft are selling the yarn a few cents cheaper,
and you ask them why they did not purchase it there, and they reply that
they did not have enough of one dye lot to do anything. Duh! Yes we
charge a few cent more sometimes (sometimes we are cheaper), but we
carry large stocks and that costs money.

Roger.
Old February 27th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Darlene,

Thanks for the heads up! I went to the Square One Lewiscraft today and
picked up 4 skiens King Cole Luxury Mohair, 6 skiens of Berella 4, some
needles and other odds and ends. I am trying not to go too crazy, as I want
to hit the Spinnrite sale this weekend.

FYI: This location still has quite a bit of yarn left, for those in the GTA!

Nadia