My Button Posts

Old October 19th 03, 11:53 PM
Penny S

IMS spray painted on a boxcar:
Since newsgroups don't have moderators, friendly reminders to ad
posters from the regular subscribers is the only thing that keeps some
newsgroups from getting overrun with them. Same is true for spam.

since when do friendly reminders work on spammers? ;-)

Penny S

Old October 19th 03, 11:58 PM

Penny S wrote:
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply spray painted on a boxcar:

(Please nobody tell me now that *this* is also against Usenet
protocol and note carefully that I am onlyi expressing my own personal
opinion.)

Expressing an opinion is NOT allowed on usenet.

;-P

I see. I guess that's what my problem was (best innocent look)
--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old October 21st 03, 06:48 PM
Elizabeth Hall

I wouldn't worry I read the charter before I advertised my sewing machine,
thats why I put ADVERT in so no one had to read it.
Edna von Borstel advertises her designs on many groups and is in business
selling designs.
Liz

"Goldie" wrote in message
news
I am writing to apologise for my actions for
a) crossposting.
b) advertising in the incorrect area's.
c) upsetting the good people who use these newsgroups for their intended
purpose.

I am pretty well conversed with the newsgroups and can only again

apologise
for my actions.
As with most other people who do this, I just assumed I was helping people
who would need the items.

I know it offends some people and I can understand this.
Please take this mail not as an excuse from me but as it is intended, an
apology.

Sorry

Andrew Goldstein

Old October 21st 03, 10:44 PM

Elizabeth Hall wrote:
I wouldn't worry I read the charter before I advertised my sewing machine,
thats why I put ADVERT in so no one had to read it.

You couldn't possibly have read the charter for RCTS, which *CLEARLY*
states that absolutely NO advertising is allowed and should instead be
directed to the marketplace newsgroup.

Edna von Borstel advertises her designs on many groups and is in business
selling designs.

Offering something for free is sorta borderline, I think. And she
offers free designs.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Reminder about Off Topic Posts Diana Curtis Quilting 13 August 16th 04 04:01 PM
Pre-AD and Quick Story: Who's got the Button? lgreene Polymer Clay 0 August 7th 04 11:17 AM
Button, button Marisa Cappetta Beads 25 February 21st 04 04:51 AM
Christmas Button Covers Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 December 17th 03 09:25 AM
Christmas Button Covers Secrets of Embroidery Marketplace 0 December 17th 03 09:25 AM