Me again!!!!! HELP!!!

Old May 2nd 04, 12:35 AM
Sheri Shanks

Default Me again!!!!! HELP!!!

I'm having the worse luck getting the crimping beads to crimp and I'm
worried about the knots coming out... I have tried the nymo thread and it's
not worked.... and I'm getting ready to go get the wire!! I'm wanting this
to be strong and not come undone.... especially I'm hoping she will wear it
alot.. and with a child.... who will probably eventually tug on it..... so
I'm ready for someone to just tell me what to go buy... and what to do!

---

Old May 2nd 04, 12:46 AM
Sheri Shanks

I wrote down the names and told my boyfriend and we will be going to
wal-mart if it ever stops raining tonight!!! (he's been tying the knots for
me.. using the same knots he uses when fishing.. )

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Sat, 1 May 2004 19:35:50 -0400, Sheri Shanks wrote
(in message ):

I'm having the worse luck getting the crimping beads to crimp and I'm
worried about the knots coming out... I have tried the nymo thread and

it's
not worked.... and I'm getting ready to go get the wire!! I'm wanting

this
to be strong and not come undone.... especially I'm hoping she will wear

it
alot.. and with a child.... who will probably eventually tug on it.....

so
I'm ready for someone to just tell me what to go buy... and what to do!

Don't use crimp beads. You're new at this, and there's a learning curve.
Get some FireLine or Power Pro, and knot it. Use two strands if you're
nervous. Then dab the knot with nail polish.

It will hold. I promise.

Kathy N-V

---

Old May 2nd 04, 12:47 AM
Sheri Shanks

that's what we are going to do!! I really appreciate everyone's help!! I
knew I could get the answers I needed here!!

"Margie" wrote in message
On Sat, 1 May 2004 19:35:49 -0400, Kathy N-V
wrote:

Don't use crimp beads. You're new at this, and there's a learning curve.
Get some FireLine or Power Pro, and knot it. Use two strands if you're
nervous. Then dab the knot with nail polish.

I agree with Kathy and you can get it at your nearest Walmart.

--
Margie
http://www.handcraftedjewelry.com/st...asp?userid=261

---

Old May 2nd 04, 04:34 AM
roxan

You shouldn't be using monofilament in jewelry the line with break down
after time. Use crimps on SoftFlex or wire but not on nymo or any string or
thread.
Roxan

Old May 2nd 04, 05:04 AM
Christina Peterson

The corners of the metal would probably cut the monofilament -- IF
monofilament were a durable enough material to use.

Tina

Old May 2nd 04, 11:57 AM
Sheri Shanks

well we went to Wal-mart last night.. (too late to go to Hobby Lobby)... and
while the only line they had in the fishing dept was the fire line..and I
really didn't want to spend 12 bucks for it.... I went over to the craft
dept and found "tigerwire extrafine"... it seems very flexible.... and I"m
going to try it today and see what happens. I'm going to probably be
redoing this bracelet in about a year or so anyway...... they want to have
another child as soon as possible so I'll be redoing this one to add the new
babies name!!! By then I'm sure I"ll have it all figured out..... I've
already got mine going thru my mind.... and a few others.... then I guess it
will be time to branch out to other kinds of jewelry!

Old May 2nd 04, 11:58 AM
Sheri Shanks

I'm learning a lot here... I won't be using monofilament for anything having
to do with jewelry.. unless I"m just testing out a stringing pattern!!! I
PROMISE!!!! (right hand over my heart.. left hand on my box of beads!!)

Old May 2nd 04, 08:20 PM
roxan

Tiger tail is terrible stuff to be using for jewelry as well. It will crink
and you will not get the crinks out. Do be penny wise and dollar foolish, it
just doesn't pay in the end. You get what you pay for.
Roxan