OT Defrost

Old February 14th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default OT Defrost

January was brr~~~ COLD ~~br~~~br~~~!!!

For three weeks it was colder than -35F at night; with 10 days of that being
45 to 55 below, or colder. "Warming up" to around 30 below in the day time.
Our water pipes froze twice, as did our sewer pipe. The air in the tires
compressed with cold, flattening the tires, the freezing them in that shape
with two corners where they lay on the ground. "Square tires". Of course,
I couldn't get my car starter anyway. Our neighbour had the fuel gel in the
fuel lines, so it couldn't flow to the furnace. Pete got his truck going
and went around delivering wood to his friends. He's a good citizen, no
matter what they say.

And then last week the cold spell broke, and we had a high of over freezing.
A difference of a low of -35 to a high of +35 in TWO days. 70 degrees. The
equivalent of below freezing to 100 degrees!

So we had to take care of our freezer and make sure to get everything put
away. You see, in the dead of winter we just put our frozen groceries in a
wooden box on the back porch instead of across the yard in the deep freeze
in the garage.

We took two of the fillets of salmon we dip netted last July and cut them up
for "greasy fish". I have no skill with frying, but Pete does an excellent
job. Yum.

Tina

Old February 14th 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Tina,
I had to read your post to my DD who wants to be a pediatrician in some
place like rural Alaska (for the moment anyway). Since I keep telling her
that we'll retire and move wherever she does, so I can be near my
grandchildren, I'm sort of hoping she changes her mind about Alaska!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com