Pink Ribbon Fabric

Old September 3rd 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Pink Ribbon Fabric

This is a bold request for fabric. There is nothing
subtle about Cancer, so there is nothing subtle about
my request!

I want to make a comfort or hug quilt for a dear friend
who is scheduled for mastectomy. I am using a variety
of fabrics that read pink, and a few cream as relief,
but not snow white fabric. I have a nice selection but
would welcome some more, especially the pink ribbon
theme fabric. I'm going for variety ... a pink scrappy
look. I need just small pieces. I am working with 6"
squares AND 1.5" by 8.5" strips, matched or not doesn't
matter. BTW, this design is from McCall's Quilting ...
the cover scrap quilt. NAYY.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it. I need to have the
top pieced and ready to baste by about 20 September, so
I'd need to have the fabric fairly soon. I certainly
appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my friend,
with or with out fabric!

Thanks bunches, PAT
Old September 3rd 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

Are you still at your same address? I happen to have about 70 bajillion 6.5"
squares, and I'm sure SOME of them are pink.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

Old September 3rd 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Pat, are you looking for anything specific? Stripes? Florals? Batiks? Or
does it matter?

Patti in Seattle

Old September 4th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon

On Sep 3, 1:48 pm, Pat in Virginia wrote:
[...]

Pat - having had two sisters who have gone thru this misery (oldest
sister died last summer - bless her heart), I would be only too happy
to send you some squares. Please send me your address and they will
be in the mail this week.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old September 4th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:48:22 -0400, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

No ribbons, but I do have two unusual pink prints. Would you like
some?

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 4th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

Pat in Virginia wrote:
[...]

Pat -- I have PINK RIBBON Breast Cancer fabric. It has the actual
breast cancer awareness pink ribbon logo printed on it. Not sure how
much of it I have but I'm sure it's enough for you to put to good use.
I'm getting ready to head out on holiday at the end of the week so don't
have time to actually make a block but I would be more than happy to
send you the fabric for you to use in any way you want. Would that be
OK? If so, please e-mail me your snail mail addy and I will get the
fabric in the mail ASAP. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old September 4th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr[_2_]

On Sep 3, 7:30?pm, Tia Mary wrote:
Pat in Virginia wrote:
[...]

Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary- Hide quoted text -

I have a big piece of the pink Loralie "On the Mend" with ladies in
chemo caps and bald. I knew I would need some for somebody someday.
Tell me your address by email and I will send you a piece. Debra in
Idaho

Old September 4th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter[_2_]

I have some FQs of pink ribbon fabric that I'd love to send you Pat..
hope I never have to use them in a quilt for a loved one! Remind me of
your snail addy please...

--
Dr.Quilter
Old September 4th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Kathy:
Yes. If you have last year's bbs directory, that is
still a 'good' address. THANKS bunches!
PAT