Where to sell scrap

Old January 1st 05, 08:48 AM
Gordon

Default Where to sell scrap

Don't do jewelry any more. Need to sell leftover metals (casting grains and
sheet). Where do I do it in the greater Seattle area? Where do you send your
sweeps? etc
Thanks
Gordon

Old January 1st 05, 09:48 AM
Ted Frater

Gordon wrote:
Don't do jewelry any more. Need to sell leftover metals (casting grains and
sheet). Where do I do it in the greater Seattle area? Where do you send your
sweeps? etc
Thanks
Gordon

If its new mwetal here in the UK we dont send it to scrap, we offer it
first to other s/smiths at less than the new price but more than the
scrap price.

Why put money into scrap mens hands when your fellow s/smiths have a
greater need?
Most s/smiths will buy the scrap as well for melting and casting, if its
clean enough. Otherwise youll have as a last resort sell for assay to
your normal bullion dealer. If youve bought from him you can sell to him.

to give youm an example , I had some 999 gold sheet with all original
purchase documentaion, my supplier bought it back and paid the gold
spot price for it.
Old January 2nd 05, 06:28 AM

Where did you buy 999 gold sheet?
Thanks

Old January 3rd 05, 04:22 PM

I start learning jewelry making/casting. Therefore, I am doing research
and looking
for materials.

Old January 3rd 05, 04:26 PM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 08:22:39 -0800, in ?? "
wrote:

I start learning jewelry making/casting. Therefore, I am doing research
and looking
for materials.

May I ask, where are you located? The reason for my curiosity is your interest in
buying .999 gold sheet. In most parts of the western world, at least, jewelry is
usually made from alloys of gold, not pure gold, especially when people are first
learning to make jewelry. Pure gold, in addition to being more costly, can be somewhat
more difficult to cast, and presents a few problems for fabrication as well that differ
from the use of lower karat golds.

Peter Rowe
Old January 4th 05, 04:43 AM

Could I purchase via internet?
Thanks

Old January 4th 05, 04:48 AM
Peter W.. Rowe,

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 20:44:00 -0800, in hõ "
wrote:

Could I purchase via internet?
Thanks

You don't mention the exact product you wish to purchase, so the answer may vary,
depending on which dealer/seller you need to purchase from. But with precious metals,
some suppliers will happily take online orders, while others, perhaps more of them, may
require a telephone call and credit card, and other still, will sell only via prepaid
orders paid by wire transfer or a mailed check. It depends on which sellers you're
dealing with, and the amount of material you're ordering. Try starting with Kitco
metals, www.kitco.com. I think, but am not sure, that once you register as a customer
with their web site, that you can place online orders. Not sure, but I think so. There
are others as well. Spend some time searching the net via Google and other web surfing
methods, and see what you can find.

Peter Rowe

small scrap (CHEAP) starlia Glass 0 August 9th 04 01:37 PM
Arts in the Park: Randolph, MA, 8/29/04--come show and sell! Claudia Morgan Jewelry 0 July 19th 04 04:11 AM
Do any of you sell Swarovski crystal beads? SoulAskew Jewelry 4 March 26th 04 03:27 AM
FA" 5# scrap glass NR $.01 and more Howard Glass 0 March 4th 04 12:24 AM
For those who sell: Tax ID April Beads 5 September 15th 03 09:54 PM