Mom's health

Old November 17th 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default Mom's health

We made the decision this week to put Mom on hospice care. We don't
know if she will be with us for weeks or months. She has lived a full
96 years and I am very thankful to have had her in my life all this
time. She remains at my home. I will have help with her care at least
part of each day. Two days a week someone will be here for six hours
so I will be able to leave the house.

Quilting has been my companion the last few months as I have been
spending more and more time at Mom's side. It is such as joy to have
an interest that calms my spirit and provides friends like all of you
who provide support even if from afar.

Susan Laity Price

Old November 17th 11, 08:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Susan, I am so glad you are able to get some help. 96 years is a good go
at this
life. I hope she has had a great one and am glad too you have been able to
enjoy
her all these years. My heart goes out to you for being such a strong
daughter
and to you at a tough time you seem to be handling with grace.
Big hugs to you both,
Taria

Old November 17th 11, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Susan,
I'm glad she will remain at home with you, but I'm also thankful that
you will have some respite. It is a blessing to you to have had your
mother for so many wonderful years, and I hope that I can be as good a
caregiver as you have been should that situation arise in our family.

Continued prayers are going up for you and your mom.

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old November 17th 11, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I'm sorry for the sadness this has obviously caused you. I'm glad you
have agreed to have help; it will mean you are not too exhausted to
enjoy her company for whatever time she has left. I'm sure she has felt
so loved to have been with you for such a long time.
..
In message , Susan Laity
Price writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old November 18th 11, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

Hospice is a wonder organization that helps so many & they do it so quietly.
It's great to have their support and their skills to help with the care of
your mother. You do need some respite & you will really value that in the
weeks/months to come. I considered caring for my mother in her final
months, her final gift to me - that she allowed me to care for her & to have
all that extra bonding time - priceless & a treasure to me.

I hope your mother remains comfortable & that you have some time to
de-stress and relax.

Pauline
Northern California

Old November 18th 11, 01:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Tia Mary

On 11/17/2011 11:58 AM, Susan Laity Price wrote:
We made the decision this week to put Mom on hospice care. We don't
know if she will be with us for weeks or months. She has lived a full
96 years and I am very thankful to have had her in my life all this
time. She remains at my home. I will have help with her care at least
part of each day. Two days a week someone will be here for six hours
so I will be able to leave the house.

Quilting has been my companion the last few months as I have been
spending more and more time at Mom's side. It is such as joy to have
an interest that calms my spirit and provides friends like all of you
who provide support even if from afar.

Susan Laity Price

{{{{{{{{{{Susan & Mom}}}}}}}}}}} Sending "good stuff" & Kitty Kisses to
help both of you deal with everything. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary /\__/\
Old November 18th 11, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I have nothing but good to say about the skilled and patient hospice
staff who helped care for my father!
(((Hugs))) You will treasure the quilts later on.
Roberta in D

Old November 18th 11, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 17/11/2011 18:58, Susan Laity Price wrote:
We made the decision this week to put Mom on hospice care. We don't
know if she will be with us for weeks or months. She has lived a full
96 years and I am very thankful to have had her in my life all this
time. She remains at my home. I will have help with her care at least
part of each day. Two days a week someone will be here for six hours
so I will be able to leave the house.

Quilting has been my companion the last few months as I have been
spending more and more time at Mom's side. It is such as joy to have
an interest that calms my spirit and provides friends like all of you
who provide support even if from afar.

I am sorry to hear that you have reached this stage Susan, but glad to
hear you have made the decision to have the hospice care which will help
both your Mom, you & your family.

{{{hugs}}}

Lizzy
Old November 18th 11, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

On 17/11/2011 18:58, Susan Laity Price wrote:
We made the decision this week to put Mom on hospice care. We don't
know if she will be with us for weeks or months. She has lived a full
96 years and I am very thankful to have had her in my life all this
time. She remains at my home. I will have help with her care at least
part of each day. Two days a week someone will be here for six hours
so I will be able to leave the house.

Quilting has been my companion the last few months as I have been
spending more and more time at Mom's side. It is such as joy to have
an interest that calms my spirit and provides friends like all of you
who provide support even if from afar.

Susan Laity Price

Hospice care at home. The best of all possible solutions when you have
the space and facilities. It's so hard to make these decisions, but it
sounds like it really is the best for your mum, you, and all the family.
Make Christmas a good one: if she's no longer there in body, she will
be in spirit.

((((((Susan and Mum))))))

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 21st 11, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Thank you for everyone's kind thoughts and prayers. The hospice staff
has made several suggestions that are making it easier to care for
Mom. Everyone I have met through the organization has been very kind.

Susan

OT Health Update judyanna Quilting 16 September 26th 08 10:15 PM
OT Health Update judyanna Quilting 14 May 9th 08 08:10 PM
OT My health update. Shirley Shone Beads 21 March 22nd 04 01:50 AM
Uh-Oh (more health stuff) meijhana Beads 13 March 20th 04 11:37 PM
OT - OT -- health concerns Dragonfly Quilting 12 September 24th 03 11:27 PM