The thing I hate the most about quilting is .......

Old November 12th 11, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Default The thing I hate the most about quilting is .......

ripping out zig-zag or blanket stitches made by my sewing machine in the course of applique.

Now, what's your favorite task to hate?

Sunny
Yes, miles and miles of it.
Old November 12th 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

That doesn't happen here, Sunny. Once I appliqué something down, it is
DOWN. I might could cover it up but it's not coming off. So many years of
making baby-proof quilts, you know? Polly

Old November 13th 11, 12:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Don't know if it is a task, it is simply finding the time and energy
to do all the designs I want to do!

Ginger in CA
another storm on its way in

Old November 13th 11, 07:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

This I agree with wholeheartedly. I am now 70 and am beginning to be
filled with apprehension about the projects in bags in my cupboard - let
alone the ones in my head ...
..
In message
,
Ginger in CA writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old November 13th 11, 09:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Ditto - and I am older than you! This year was supposed to be a
completing year, but turned out to be a starting year instead! I am
determined that the Christmas things 'in progress' will make this
Christmas - table runner 1/4 quilted, Christmas tree wall hanging just
needing the embellishments and a smaller one made from the over-cutting
and making I'd done on the half square triangles, which will go to DD.
It was quilted last night and now just needs binding and embellishing,
but as the sun is shining at last and I have daffodils, tulips and
irises screaming to be planted before they go mouldy, I think I have to
make gardening today's task. I'll try to get that binding on so I can
hand sew it down this evening.

I give DD a Christmas decoration of some sort every year as she's so
busy she would never get round to round to it. They are all things she
can just hang or place without any effort - I even gave her the box to
keep them in!

What is my New Year's resolution - FINISH and don't start (much)!

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 13/11/2011 07:46, Pat S wrote:
This I agree with wholeheartedly. I am now 70 and am beginning to be
filled with apprehension about the projects in bags in my cupboard - let
alone the ones in my head ...
.
In message
,
Ginger in CA writes

Old November 13th 11, 10:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sartorresartus

I hate the 'second' time doing anything. So, for example, the second
repeat of a motif, or a second block, or the second side's binding. A
new one is fine, but I hate repetition. BUT I love symmetry, so I
just have to get on with it, most of the time. After number 2 is
done, it's all right again, because I am either over half way, or the
process is easier/more streamlined, or I more 'into' the design
somehow.

I would hate to be in a repetitive job, so I suppose it seeps through
to everything I do.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Old November 13th 11, 12:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Di Maloney[_2_]

Getting everything ready to start, then real life gets in the way and I have
to postpone it again.

Next year, there will be lots more me time, quilting time, genealogy time;
visiting friends time then more quilting time.

Di
Vic Aust

Old November 13th 11, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KT in Mich

The blankety-blank foot pedal that just will NOT stay where I put it on the
floor. Have tried everything short of nailing or glueing it. I have both
carpeting and one of those desk floor mats under the table. If I use that
drawer-liner stuff, it puckers/gathers/bunches all up. If I use one of those
long thingy-dingy-special mats that go under the foot, it either slips on
the plastic mat or creeps on the carpet. Am now looking for a very, very
heavy brick to put at the back of it so it can't go further than my foot can
reach. Do you have a solution??????

KT. in MI

Old November 13th 11, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Nov 12, 5:12*pm, Sunny wrote:
ripping out zig-zag or blanket stitches made by my sewing machine in the course of applique.

Now, what's your favorite task to hate?

Sunny
Yes, miles and miles of it.

Not being happy with the current 'end result' at whatever stage you
are at and having to rip and redo! Be it the middle of the block,
middle of the quilt or end of the quilt - just an extra step we hadn't
planned on.

Kim in NJ

I hate it when.. Chaddock Beads 4 November 4th 08 06:13 AM
What one thing made your quilting life better in 2006? hfw Quilting 17 January 4th 07 01:16 PM
I hate Over-Two! Karen C - California Needlework 3 November 26th 06 08:16 PM
Pigeon Forge, TN quilting thing? lisa skeen Quilting 13 February 10th 06 07:29 PM
ARGH! I hate it when . . . Kandice Seeber Beads 0 September 1st 03 10:29 PM