PNQE

Old September 10th 10, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr

Default PNQE

I am going to the Mancuso show in Greater Philly Expo Center next
Thurs. and then on to visit my aunt in New Holland, PA. Anyone else
going? I was going to go last year, but my travelling companion was
sick the morning we were to leave and my daughter's father-in-law was
tin the hospital, possibly for the last time, so I opted to stay
home. DFIL passed away and I was needed to babysit my almost 2 yr.
old grandson, so it was good that I stayed. I'm hoping this year will
go as planned. I love to visit the Amish country with my aunt,
shopping in Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse, etc.
Old September 10th 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
PhillyQuilter[_2_]

I will be there for the entire show although I will probably leave by
5 on Thursday. I have a booth in the merchants' mall - "Glass On The
Square". We've never done the Mancuso show before but my partner
tells me that we are in the first room (?). I love meeting people from
the group so stop by and say hello! No purchase necessary! VBG

Diana H - Gulph Mills PA

Old September 10th 10, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

I'm going! I actually have two free tickets! My friend is coming from
Virginia to join me. I think we're going on Friday, and I have to
white-glove on Sunday from 2 - 4. My Guild is doing the White-gloving so
that we can sell chances on a quilt that we made. We make one every two
years to raffle; that's our main fund-raising project. I live in
Morgantown, not too far from New Holland. Make sure that your aunt takes
you to the two new fabric stores...Goodville Fabric Outlet in Goodville and
Bitty Kinna's in Intercourse. Contact me at abonnell at ptd. net if you
want to meet up at either of those times.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu

Old September 11th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

On Sep 10, 5:34*pm, "Alice in PA" wrote:
[...]

shopping in Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse, etc.- Hide quoted text -

I wish I was going. We'll be in Wildwood, NJ Thrs. - Sun. next week.
I just wanted to second Alice's comments at least regarding Bitty
Kinna's shop. My friend and I were there the first week she opened.
What a delightful person the shop owner - can't remember her given
name - Bitty Kinna was her father's nickname for her. She was the
only shop open on Sunday, no less! We popped in just to check it out,
ended up spending a couple of hours and a number of dollars there!
She also gave us a wonderful applique lesson. In fact, earlier today
I just washed the fabric I bought there to start yet another quilt.
At least this one is small. The quality of her fabrics is wonderful
and the prices are very reasonable. And the selection is quite a bit
different from most of the shops in the area there. Is the Goodville
Outlet the one in the back of the building between Bird-in-Hand and
Lancaster?? If so, I think they have a great selection, particularly
of flannel usually.

Have fun ladies - wish I was joining you!

Kim in NJ
Old September 11th 10, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hope you enjoy your trip, Her ( Diane Abram ) has a quilt in the 'World

Quilt Show' British team display.

Best wishes from ' That man & her in
Chester UK '

http://centronuclear.org.uk/dianes_quilts/index.html
http://community.webshots.com/user/DianeUK100

Old September 11th 10, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Alice in PA[_3_]

No, Goodville Outlet is in a former furniture mfg. warehouse on Rt. 23 East
of New Holland, in Goodville. They carry all kinds of stuff. Lots of
knits, fleece, polyester, decorator flat-folds and some quilting cottons,
flannels, and muslin....if you can find something that you like, the prices
are great! They are located almost across the street from Obie's fabric
store, if you've ever been there. If not, it's worth a quick stop if you're
not claustrophobic!!

I picked up three bolts of Kona "snow" yesterday at Sauder's for my
friend.....$2.95 a yard, 15 yards to a bolt. They are having one of their
"truck load" sales. She'd pay at least three times that much in Virginia!

Old September 11th 10, 06:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

wrote in message

[...]

Kim in NJ- Hide quoted text -

I know what you mean about the prices! As long as I'm buying for a
project, it's worth the hour & change ride out there. Even in my gas
guzzler, I can save money by getting my fabric there, even if its just
for a small project as everything at my LQS is $8-$10/yd. And if
there are more than one of us going, we all make out!

Kim in NJ