buying beads in bulk

Old September 3rd 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
lozza

Default buying beads in bulk

hello all
i am kind of new to the beading thing but have been going pretty well.
i have recently been looking at online storews on the internet and
would like to kmnow any good sites where i can get beads in bulk for
bargan prices. Any tips? thankss in advance
lozza

Old September 3rd 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Snaggeltooth

Hi Lozza,

You are going to have to look around to find the best deals on the net. I
don't know what type of beader you are, but if you're looking for gem stone
strands and pearls, then here are a few good places to try:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/ - fantastic selection of gem stones, SS
components, pearls, and other stuff I don't use (lol)

http://www.halsteadbead.com/ - great prices on SS

http://www.jewelrysupply.com/

http://www.thunderbirdsupply.com/

http://www.bestbuybeads.com/ - Crystal prices are fairly low

http://www.brightlingsbeads.com/

http://www.eebeads.com/

http://www.sfjssantafe.com/

http://www.shipwreckbeads.com/

For Supplies:

http://www.contenti.com/

http://www.gesswein.com/

http://www.sfjssantafe.com/

http://www.nationaljewelerssupplies.com/

http://www.jewelrysupply.com/

http://www.newyorkfindings.com/

These are just a few of the places you can surf to find what you need. I
buy at different places, depending on what I need but for most of my gem
stone purchasing, I go to Firemountain. For some basic silver components, I
go to Halstead bead, and I haven't bought crystal in a while but the last
time I did a major order of crystal, I bought from bestbuybeads and halstead
bead.
One note on Firemountain.... most things are marked for assortability (
http://www.firemountaingems.com/cust...SRTB&WT.svl=AS
)
so you can buy lots of stuff in a category and get major discounts. Believe
me, the discounts are applied: my last order from Firemountain was well
over $1000.00 but with my assortability and multi-priced discounts, I
reduced the amount I had to pay to around $700.00. Not too shabby huh?

Most people in this group are serious metalsmiths and craftsmen, so they
will most likely tell you to head on over to the beaders group (
rec.crafts.beads ) for info on beading, but there are a few beaders in here
like myself who prefer the company of these guys over the flighty
individuals over in the beaders group. It's your choice, but if are looking
for some good advice on beading, I suggest going to "about.com" and checking
out those forums. http://jewelrymaking.about.com/

Good luck,

ST

Old September 6th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Heinrich Butschal

"lozza" wrote in message
hello all
i am kind of new to the beading thing but have been going pretty well.
i have recently been looking at online storews on the internet and
would like to kmnow any good sites where i can get beads in bulk for
bargan prices. Any tips? thankss in advance
lozza

There is a lapidary sold out in the next weeks in Idar Oberstein in Germany.
They have also a lot of precious stones in bulks to sell.

more information soon at this url:
http://www.diamant-boerse.com/

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Heinrich Butschal
--
Schmuck gut verkaufen und günstig kaufen http://www.schmuck-boerse.com
Geschichten berühmter Juwelen http://www.royal-magazin.de

Question about Miyuki Beadbimbo Beads 20 March 12th 05 01:13 AM
AD-November 15-16, 2003 Orlando, FL Florida Winter Classic Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 November 5th 03 07:14 PM
AD-Knoxville, TN Oct. 4-5, 2003 Appalachian States Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Glass 0 September 26th 03 02:12 PM
AD-Knoxville, TN Oct. 4-5, 2003 Appalachian States Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 September 26th 03 02:11 PM
AD-New Orleans, LA August 9-10, 2003 Big Easy Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 0 August 6th 03 03:42 PM