has anyone made a quilted mosaic quilt????

Old December 31st 04, 01:57 PM
Pat Scott

Default has anyone made a quilted mosaic quilt????

a friend of my daughter's (my daughter's friend works at opryland hotel and
gives me free tickets to the quilt show AND free valet parking) saw one of
these quilts at the nashville quilt show and asked me to make one for her.
has anyone made one? i have made several memory quilts using the bubble jet
2000 but apparently this type of quilt uses the fabric colors selected to
make the picture. i personally don't care much for them, but then again i am
not making it for me. it also appears that to get it right you have to have
the software, and it is $50. (seems kind of pricey to me, but what do i
know?)

i would love to hear from anyone that has made one of these.
http://www.mosaicquilt.com/index.html

TIA,
Patricia Scott
Nashville, TN

Old December 31st 04, 02:43 PM
georg

Pat Scott wrote:

it also appears that to get it right you have to have
the software, and it is $50. (seems kind of pricey to me, but what do i
know?)

You can draw your own with graph paper, and then plot where the colors
need to be. Then select fabrics by looking at color and value for that
square only, and assemble in rows. You don't have to use the software if
you are adept at figuring this sort of thing out. There is also gridded
interfacing/stabilizer that can help you lay out your design.

I have not done it yet, but it's on the list of things I'd like to do.

-georg
Old December 31st 04, 07:08 PM
MB

A gal...perhaps the same one from that mosaic quilt site...was on
SQ...probably a repeat...the
other day...I believe she chose 24 diff fabrics.What ever the number she
said youdidn't need more. .... . I know
she had a lot of advice on picking out fabrics. oh...found this

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_qlt/e..._12958,00.html

Mary

"georg" wrote in message
.. .

Old December 31st 04, 07:41 PM
Patti

Hullo Pat
from another Pat!
If you have your pictures on your computer, and have the various
'altering' facilities (sorry, I know nothing about how this is done -
but my husband has shown me the various 'things' that can be done to a
picture), one of the things you can do is to make it look as if it is
made of squares. If you printed it like that and then had it enlarged,
you could make your own colour image and then, as was suggested earlier,
select fabric for each square.
Again, if you use the gridded backing to assemble it, you can sew all
the vertical seams, say, then snip the corners and sew all the
horizontal seams - all this including the backing.
..
In article , Pat Scott
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 3rd 05, 05:40 PM
Cappy

I saw one at a show that had the same effect, but the maker had used a very
detailed cross stitch pattern. She got fabric colors to match the colors of
the floss, each cross-stitch translated in to a 1" square. So if your
friend isn't set on using a photo to start from, maybe a cross stitch
pattern will work.

Cappy

Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
Mini B.C. quilt shop tour shhdesigns Quilting 13 September 15th 04 04:03 AM
who made the quilt? Gail Matthews Quilting 19 November 1st 03 08:26 PM
OK, Here's MY Life Story as it Applies to Quilting... [email protected] Quilting 10 September 3rd 03 09:07 PM
My first "real" Quilt -- LOL Kathy in CA Quilting 2 August 12th 03 10:28 PM