International Talk Like a Pirate Day (actually ON topic!)

Old September 19th 03, 05:38 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Default International Talk Like a Pirate Day (actually ON topic!)

As some of you may know, today (September 19) is International Talk Like a
Pirate Day. The question is, how best to celebrate?

DH offered to let me shiver his timbers tonight, but I was thinking of a
more public celebration. And naturally, stash raids came to mind.

So, in the spirit of the day, I'll be hoisting the Jolly Roger on my RX330.
The car leaves in 20 minutes -- who wants to join my pirate crew?

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old September 19th 03, 05:47 PM
Kathy Applebaum

And as a follow up, my pirate name (http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate.php)
is Iron Mary Vane.

" A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you,
though, since you are that person. You tend to blend into the background
occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on
people and disembowel them that way. Arr! "

Hmm... have they been monitoring my business calls? ROFLOL

Old September 19th 03, 06:14 PM
Kristen L. Renneker

My pirate name is:

Bloody Grace Flint

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For
others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the
fighting. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint,
you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

hee hee...that was fun!

kristen

y.com...

Old September 19th 03, 06:42 PM
Taria

Iron Mary Kidd

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you,
though, since you are that person. Even though you're
not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning
make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

Reliable pirate? That is fun! Taria

Old September 19th 03, 07:34 PM
Anne

And I am Iron Anne Vane

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with
you, though, since you are that person. You tend to blend into the
background occasionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to
sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!

Sounds like you are my long lost sister. Hmm. I *do* have a sister named
Kathy ... So, if I could figure out how to get from Los Altos Hills to
Woodland in 20 minutes, I'd join the raid. As a relative newbie, I need
all the stash I can raid, um, get, Arr!

---
Anne
"Don't miss the diamonds along the way; every road has led us here
today." -- Sheryl Crow
http://home.covad.net/~arudolph/annes.htm

Old September 19th 03, 07:40 PM
TerriLee in WA

My pirate name is:

Mad Charity Kidd

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a
little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering
gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate.
Arr!

Thanks, Kathy. That was fun!!

Kathy Applebaum wrote:

And as a follow up, my pirate name (http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate.php)
is Iron Mary Vane.

" A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you,
though, since you are that person. You tend to blend into the background
occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on
people and disembowel them that way. Arr! "

Hmm... have they been monitoring my business calls? ROFLOL
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,
remove the obvious to reply

--
TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
Old September 19th 03, 08:05 PM
CNYstitcher

And here is mine:

Mad Charity Roberts

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a
little bit. Two things complete your pirate persona: style and swagger.
Maybe a little too much swagger sometimes -- but who really cares? Arr!

Larisa

Old September 19th 03, 08:07 PM
Jalynne

Just so you know, i did take the test, and the name i got was icky, so that's why my
name's still Gypsy...LOL
--
Jalynne

"Jalynne" wrote in message
ink.net...
Mine's still Gypsy...
--
Jalynne

Old September 19th 03, 10:10 PM
Diana Curtis

ARRRRggghhhhh, All hail Queen Gypsy, Lady Lord of the Pie Rats!
Avast all ye landlubbers and clear the decks for her Royal Highness, Queen
of the Cotton Seas!!
by proclaimation of the Lady Who Lies in Wait
Pie Rat Diana What If

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Jalynne" wrote in message