ad-CTMH spring, summer, fall, winter stamps

Old September 19th 03, 09:55 PM
ElsScraps

Default ad-CTMH spring, summer, fall, winter stamps

4 Great stamps for card making or scrapbooking!
Check them out!
Eloise
Old September 19th 03, 10:26 PM
MBryt1

4 Great stamps for card making or scrapbooking!
Check them out!

Not that it matters to me personally but CTMH does watch the auction sites as
it is against copyright to post an image of their stamps. Just wanted you to
know -

Mary
Close To My Heart Consultant
www.stampinhappens.com
Mom to Aimee, dedicated college student
and Jacob, CP kid and aspiring mafia godfather
Old September 21st 03, 10:48 PM
Bunch Of Fun

There seems to be some confusion about CTMH policy since I've heard this
before from CTMH consultants.

CTMH may indeed have a policy against posting pictures of their products
on the internet that are for resale but this can ONLY apply to CTMH
consultants who have signed an agreement with CTMH. It does not apply to
the general public.

Here's a quote from the US Copyright Law:

17 U.S.C. § 109 (1994), which provides:

(a) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106(3) [on the
copyright owner's exclusive right to distribute a copyrighted work to
the public], the owner of a particular copy or phonorecord lawfully made
under this title, or any person authorized by such owner, is entitled,
without the authority of the copyright owner, to sell or otherwise
dispose of the possession of that copy or phonorecord [subject to
restrictions on lending of phonorecords and computer programs in
subsection (b)]. . . .

. . . .

(c) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 106(5) [on the
copyright owner's exclusive right to publicly display a copyrighted
work], the owner of a particular copy lawfully made under this title, or
any person authorized by such owner, is entitled, without the authority
of the copyright owner, to display that copy publicly . . . .

The following is a quote from Duke Law School commenting on this law:
"It is noteworthy that the first sale doctrine does not exhaust all of a
copyright owner's rights, but only those of distribution and display."

Here's the US Copyright law relating to disposal of first sale goods:
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#109

Bottom line, we are allowed to sell and post photos of items we own.

By the way, I'm not a lawyer. This information was gathered because I
own a rubber stamp business and needed to know about related copyright
laws.

Regards,

Carleton

PS: For stampers who want to buy rubber stamps from companies that don't
have silly restrictions, you can purchase your stamps from Angel
Companies, a good list is below:

http://www.vivalasvegastamps.com/lin...laycat&catid=1