ON and OFF Topic - stuff and more stuff

Old March 30th 10, 02:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Default ON and OFF Topic - stuff and more stuff

Karen C - Calif wrote:
Susan Hartman wrote:

Karen C - Calif wrote:

Gillian Murray wrote:

You KNOW he will come home on occasional weekends so Mom can do the
laundry, and give him food.

Or he could be like one of my roommates, who expected Mom to do her
laundry every week. Overheard arguing on the phone with Mom that she
needed to risk her life driving in a blizzard to get/deliver laundry!

That's mom's fault for not teaching/expecting her to do the laundry
herself!

Oh, absolutely. When Mom put Dad on the phone to make it clear that HE
was forbidding Mom to drive in the blizzard, she offered me money to do
her laundry for her. I counter-offered that I would not do it for her,
but I *would* "loan" her my soap and teach her. She didn't even know
which one was the dryer. (Hint: the one that says Dryer on the front.)
Nonetheless, the very next weekend we were back to Mom coming up to
fetch the laundry.

When she was approved for Junior Year Abroad, I teased her whether she
was going to air mail her laundry home so her Mom could do it for her.
Oh, yeah, she guessed she'd better learn how to do her own.

I've often wondered, now that she's married, does Mom drive over every
weekend to fetch his-and-her laundry?

Hmmmmmmmm. I always figured it was part of my job as a mother to teach
both of mine how to shop, cook, clean house and do laundry. Also tried
to teach dd to sew, but she wasn't having any. Ds, however, can sew on
a button etc. if necessary.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old March 31st 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Mar 30, 7:34*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:

He did consider it briefly (I'd have loved it) but he's working at pulling
his GPA up enough to get into one of the schools with a sports marketing
program.

Well, I'm glad to hear he at least *considered* it!

Joan

Off topic - stuff Cheryl Isaak Needlework 5 July 20th 09 02:32 PM
OFF TOPIC - stuff Cheryl Isaak Needlework 15 September 7th 07 01:16 AM
New Stuff KI Graham Quilting 0 April 15th 06 11:40 PM
My Trip to Lake Placid (on topic and some off topic stuff) Cheryl Isaak Needlework 4 July 15th 04 01:06 PM
Pix of stuff SlinkyToy Yarn 9 December 12th 03 03:40 PM