Sizzix vs. QuicKutz?

Old November 20th 03, 02:47 PM
Christi Conley

Default Sizzix vs. QuicKutz?

I want to buy myself a die cutting mechanism and I was
wondering if you all could give me your opinions on the
Sizzix vs. QuicKutz.... Which one do you use and why?

thanks SO much : )

--
Christi
Stampin' Up! Representative

Old November 20th 03, 04:50 PM
Susan

I have Sizzix and went with it due to costs. As for QK... i'd be afraid to
mangle the dies as I understand they're somewhat flimsy? I love my sizzix,
just need to expand my dies! And the sizzix dies are quite hardy. Something
in a house with all boys would need.

--
Susan
AF Wife to David

Old November 20th 03, 06:31 PM
Gina Bull

I have the Sizzix and find it very easy to use. I'm not familiar with
QuicKutz, though. If I were trying to decide between them, I'd check
their lines of dies. The one that had the most dies that I liked is the
one I'd buy. Sizzix is at www.sizzix.com, QuicKutz at www.quickutz.com.
I'm going to check out the QuicKutz website now -- even though I'm
already committed to Sizzix, I can always drool ... er, dream. :-)

Gina

Old November 20th 03, 06:39 PM
Gina Bull

OK, I just looked at the website. I *really* like the QuicKutz dies,
especially their Bundle concept. But their main machine is a handheld
device, which I couldn't use. The Sizzix sits on a desktop and you
"throw" a lever -- which I can do with my good hand. So I've apparently
got the right machine for my own circumstances, but if using a handheld
(much like a big holepunch) were a possibility for me, I'd choose the
QuicKutz for their dies.

Gina

Old November 20th 03, 07:24 PM
Paula

I mainly use the Quickutz line as that's what more of my friend's have as
well as the local store where I crop. I have used the Sizzix as well.

What I see as the major differences are that the Quickutz makes a much
'cleaner' cut. The diecuts are more intricate. And the storage of the dies
is much nicer - they take up less space as they are flat and you keep them
in binders. And thus they are more transportable.

I don't find the dies to be flimsy at all. They are thin but sturdy.

My two cents.

Paula

Old November 20th 03, 07:42 PM
CC

Gina,

My understanding, from a discussion that occurred on
rec.crafts.scrapbooks, is that the QK dies CAN be used with the Sizzix
machine. It just takes more cutting pads to raise the level of the
die... Something to think about anyway. That would mean that the
Sizzix can do both while the QK can only do QK dies...

-CC
who personally has a Sizzix and loves it

Old November 20th 03, 10:19 PM
Artemis

I have been looking at the QuicKutz at Michael - but I haven't seen the
actually machine (or handheld) that cuts it. The dies are cheaper than
Sizzix - so I am interested in this as well...

I big ME TOO letter here!

--
ARTEMIS
http://www.xenaholic.com

Old November 21st 03, 04:14 PM
Gina Bull

CC wrote:
My understanding, from a discussion that occurred on
rec.crafts.scrapbooks, is that the QK dies CAN be used with the Sizzix
machine. It just takes more cutting pads to raise the level of the
die... Something to think about anyway. That would mean that the
Sizzix can do both while the QK can only do QK dies...

The Sizzix has a converter (a spacer that magnetically attaches to the
press-plate of the Sizzix) that allows use of their new "low profile"
dies that look (from the web photos) a lot like the QuicKutz dies. Does
anyone know whether this converter does allow use of the QuicKutz dies?
I'd be thrilled if that were the case. :-)

Gina

Sizzix and polymer clay Irwin Polymer Clay 4 November 19th 13 10:37 PM
Sizzix BigYin General Crafting 0 November 6th 04 03:28 PM
I FINALLY got a Sizzix!! Christi Conley Marketplace 0 November 25th 03 05:06 PM
I FINALLY got a Sizzix!! Christi Conley General Crafting 0 November 25th 03 05:06 PM