Grant's Coming to Teach in CT!

Old September 16th 04, 07:36 PM
Diane Villano

Default Grant's Coming to Teach in CT!

34533.1

The Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild proudly presents:
Marvelous Mica, a two day workshop with Grant Diffendaffer, October 23
and 24, 2004, 10 - 6 p.m., Hotchkiss Hose Co. No. 1, Derby, CT.

This class will focus on using ghost image techniques to create
incredible holographic patterns in polymer clay. The class will start with a
basic overview of the properties of the pearlized clays and lead into an
in-depth exploration of ghost imaging techniques. The focus will be on the
variety of methods of creating and using the texture stamping plates that
are at the center of this process. All of the technical issues involved in
making incredible seamless veneers and beautiful beads with amazing shifting
holographic depth will be covered.
Supplies: Students will need to bring 1lb. of Premo Gold Pearlized
polymer clay and 1lb of scrap clay to make stamps with. Students may bring
other colors of Premo Pearlized polymer clay in addition to the gold if they
wish. Bring a small glass vessel (a jar, vase or bottle, 6" tall or so) to
cover with clay. Any rubber stamps you may have will come in handy for this
class.

Necessary tools:
A pasta machine for rolling out sheets of clay.
A tissue blade or other sharp flexible blade for slicing polymer clay.
An exacto knife with a pointy blade.
A Speedball linoleum carving tool with assorted blades.
A non-stick work surface.

Note: Experience with polymer clay is useful but not necessary for
this class.

Tuition: $140 for SCPCG or NYPCG members, $150 non members. To
register, send your name, address, phone number and email address or print
and complete registration form from our website at
www.scpcg.org/classreg.htm. Confirmations including driving instructions
and nearby hotel information will be done via email or if you prefer a
written confirmation, include a SASE. No refunds after October 11. For
information, Sharon Mihalyak, sharchar (a) aol.com or Diane Villano,
dianev_scpcg (a) yahoo.com, web site www.scpcg.org. See Grant's beautiful
and inspiring work at www.diffendaffer.com.

Old September 16th 04, 08:21 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I'm jealous..

and HI DIANE!! :-)

Barbara

Old September 16th 04, 09:05 PM
Diane Villano

Hi sweetie! How are you? And how's mom? Will be you going to B&B next
year? I just found out I have three class accepted (yippee!).

Diane

Old September 17th 04, 10:20 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

We're planning on attending...and mom is great. Making more polymer stuff
than I am actually, lol.

So, can you tell the unwashed masses what classes are forthcoming? Need to
start saving shekels...

Old September 20th 04, 06:12 PM
Diane Villano

Well, I'm scheduled for the one-day Bounty of Beads you and Mom took, a new
one-day on Mosaic Amulet Box Pendant and a three-hour class on flip-flop
beads. Should be fun! Even if you don't take any of my classes, I'd love
it if you stopped by to say "hi".

Diane Villano
Bead&Button '04 Faculty (Polymer Clay)
Founding President, Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild
Grant Diffendaffer's teaching for us Oct 23-24!