Brother e touch embroiderer

Old March 18th 04, 06:21 PM
Frances

Default Brother e touch embroiderer

I have just seen an advert for the Brother e touch embroiderer and
would like others opinions on it. I already have a sewing machine
which I love and don't really want to change it but at the same time
would like to be able to do embroidery. The great selling point in the
ad I saw was the Winnie the Pooh designs, something that doesn't
really appeal to me (I'm a Disney r - sorry if this is sacrilege
to most of you) so I was wondering if you can produce non-Disney
designs etc and their availability in the UK.
Many thanks Frances

Old March 18th 04, 08:52 PM
Åsa W

"Frances" skrev i meddelandet
om...
I have just seen an advert for the Brother e touch

embroiderer and
would like others opinions on it.

I haven't used this machine, but I have seen it on TV (QVC).
Personally I think it's way to limited to have much use. If
you want to machine embroider, try to find a used Brother PE
150 or something like that. It would cost more than the
e-touch, but would be much more useful!

Asa

Old March 18th 04, 11:41 PM
liz hall

Actually I think it is more of a toy. It punches out the design on special
fabrics available from Brother and you can make 2 or 3 inch badges. My
grandaughter wanted one but the cost of the special fabric and the cards of
designs and cartridges made it very expensive. As I say in my opinion it is
a toy and the badges have limited use. Better to save up a bit and buy a
Brother embroidery machine secondhand a PE 150 or something. They work
wonderful only limitation is 4" embroidery design but you can add lettering
etc. on the multi position hoop. I think you would really like it and it's
not that often you want a huge great embroidery design, they take ages to
stich out.
Liz

om...

Old March 19th 04, 01:35 AM
Emily

One of my DDs gave her 15 year old daughter a Brother 150 for Christmas and
it does such beautiful embroidery, DD says she uses it sometimes because of
the ease of doing so, although she has a Pfaff 7570 that she loves. I never
thought she would use any other machine than the 7570.
Emily