Bead Shows

Old January 13th 04, 07:53 PM
Melissa

Default Bead Shows

Has anyone ever attended a show put on by the whole bead show
(www.wholebead.com). If so are they worth attending ... the upcoming
one in Tuscon looks like it has a ton of vendors associated with it.
Is it worth the time and expense? Thanks

Melissa
www.thebuzzingbead.com
Old January 13th 04, 07:57 PM
Dr. Sooz

Whole Bead is avoided by a lot of artists. And a lot of customers. The
vendors there seem to indulge in some questionable business practices, which is
widely discussed in the bead groups I inhabit.

Has anyone ever attended a show put on by the whole bead show
(www.wholebead.com).

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 13th 04, 08:49 PM
Beadbimbo

I went once and just wasn't impressed. Never tempted me to go again.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"Melissa" wrote in message
om...
Has anyone ever attended a show put on by the whole bead show
(

Old January 13th 04, 08:57 PM
Beadseeker

Whole Bead is avoided by a lot of artists. And a lot of customers. The
vendors there seem to indulge in some questionable business practices, which
is
widely discussed in the bead groups I inhabit.

Sooz,
Could you email me and explain what questionable business practices you are
referring to? I go often to the one in NYC, I'd like to know what's going on.
Patti
Old January 13th 04, 09:32 PM
Grant

I don't know about the vendors, but I don't like the company. I registered
to vend from a hotel suite at the show in Tucson. I had a signed contract
with them which I paid in full---$2150 for the five day show. Six weeks
later--and too late for me to get into other shows--she requested that I pay
an additional $159 per night for the hotel suite I had already paid for.
She said the $2150 goes to her and the $159 per night goes to the hotel.
There was nothing like this on the contract.

Several other exhibitors on my floor were also greatly angered by this. To
be fair, one of them said that they always paid for the room and paid
Wholebead. Whether it was a legitimate charge or not, and a legitimate
mistake (or not) to have just left that off of the contract, it is absurd to
hit someone with a charge like that after there is a signed agreement and
money has changed hands. The result is that I won't be in Tucson unless I
manage to squeeze in to another show. What could I do? Pay another $1000
dollars and just hope she doesn't try and charge me more later? I don't
think so!

I don't like Wholebead, don't like Ava Motherwell. I think they stink--and
I'll say it right here to be recorded rec.crafts.beads for all eternity.

I have heard other horror stories, but I'll just stick to my own personal
facts.

--
Grant Diffendaffer

www.diffendaffer.com

my Ebay Auctions:
http://snipurl.com/3s29

Old January 13th 04, 10:35 PM
Mj

Went once to their Tucson show - won't ever go again. Poorly managed, venue
waaaaay too small for the number of vendors. I spend my time and money at
the Best Bead Show or the Bead Renaissance show. Better vendors, nicer
venues - and way better prices too!

Mj

--
=================================
Marjean Cline

om...

Old January 13th 04, 11:17 PM
Dr. Sooz

Sooz,
Could you email me and explain what questionable business practices you are
referring to? I go often to the one in NYC, I'd like to know what's going
on.
Patti

Sure, dolling. Done. :-)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 13th 04, 11:21 PM
Dr. Sooz

Went once to their Tucson show - won't ever go again. Poorly managed, venue
waaaaay too small for the number of vendors. I spend my time and money at
the Best Bead Show or the Bead Renaissance show. Better vendors, nicer
venues - and way better prices too!

I've noticed one thing -- Whole Bead has beautiful ads in magazines. But so
far, I've noted, that's their biggest draw. Pretty ads!
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 13th 04, 11:32 PM
Dr. Sooz

I'm keeping a Word file about unhappiness at Whole Bead Shows -- so if anyone
else has any gripes, let me know in an email or here.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links