Just a warning

Old September 11th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Just a warning

To all you quilters and anybody else,
This is a warning for Road Runner customers. I got one of those spam
warnings that R.R. was changing over their servers and that they would
need to update the customer information on the new servers. They
instructed me to click on their accounts dept. link and update my
information. If I failed to do so they would unfortunately have to
cancel my account. If you get this warning ignore it as it is a
Phishing spam which is looking for gullible people to give them their
credit card numbers. The site looks official but is bogus. This may be
also pertinent to other service providers besides Road Runner. I am
sure most of you know about this scam already but this is just a heads
up that it is going on again. Never click a link that wants you to
enter your credit card information. Phone the people that you do
business with and they will tell you if it is legit.
Consider yourself warned again.

John

Old September 11th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I don't think we can be warned too often. Thanks John.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
ups.com...

Old September 11th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Thanks, John. It never ends does it.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old September 12th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy[_2_]

On Sep 11, 2:59 pm, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com
wrote:
[...]

John- Hide quoted text -

i sent your message to everyone in my contacts list. thanks loads
John!
amy

OT OT Hair removal 101 spew warning and offense warning! unclbennie Quilting 21 September 5th 05 01:15 AM
Warning J Rogow Beads 17 August 22nd 03 10:11 PM
joke warning! Jennifer Hepworth Quilting 8 August 5th 03 06:26 PM