Quilterscache has a new block :)

Old September 11th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Default Quilterscache has a new block :)

Now Kay, I really don't know if what I'm asking can be whipped out in 5
minutes or is a royal pain-in-the-neck. Would you show us the square with
white stars on blue? Maybe I should just buy an EQ and leave you in peace.
The easy way would be to get out my crayons and see for myself. I can do
that and let you return to your regularly-scheduled day. Polly

"Kay Ahr" wroteI played. See the results of RWB
tinkering in EQ6 in the "Bed of Stars from
Quilter's Cache" Album. I think I like 3 and 4 the best.
--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old September 11th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I like 1 and 4.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
I played. See the results of RWB tinkering in EQ6 in the "Bed of Stars
from Quilter's Cache" Album. I think I like 3 and 4 the best.
--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
Tomorrow I'll play in EQ and post some "thoughts."

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I was thinking along the same lines, Kay. That would make a wonderful
quilt for my next Soldiers' Angels creation. It would be so nice if
someone skilled with one of those EQ things would show us how it looked
in red, white and blue. Polly

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
HURRAY!!!!!!!! Love her blocks!

But does she have new music?

Seriously, thank you!! I was waiting just like you were. I'll use
this star next weekend to make a red-white-blue QOV block. (OK Pat,
now you know what's coming next!)

--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html
bed of stars

its been so long since i've seen a new one i was excited.
not one i've seen anywhere else either, another original.
wooooooohoooooooooooo
jeanne
my very small mind is so very easily amused

Old September 11th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Well, I had only one problem -- couldn't find fabric within EQ6 that is blue
with white stars. Got lots of "almosts" for you to peek at. I might have
access to other fabrics in EQ5. I am experimenting as we speak. Stay
tuned.

What this is telling me is that I need to continue my EQ lessons to find out
how to scan in my own fabrics. There apparently is even a way to use photos
of fabrics from online shops.

My regularly scheduled day? I'm on track break from school until October
5!! Today I'm just staying home, maybe working on my Bento Box quilt top,
cleaning off the quilting table, enjoying M&Ms, and playing in EQ. Oh, and
probably napping before the day is over.

Old September 11th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
Well, I had only one problem -- couldn't find fabric within EQ6 that is

blue
with white stars. Got lots of "almosts" for you to peek at. I might have
access to other fabrics in EQ5. I am experimenting as we speak. Stay
tuned.

What this is telling me is that I need to continue my EQ lessons to find

out
how to scan in my own fabrics. There apparently is even a way to use

photos
of fabrics from online shops.

I downloaded images from the Moda web site (wanted the Chelsea Boutique
line) as per EQ's directions ... worked like a charm! Even seems to be
accurate scale-wise ...

Haven't tried scanning in my own fabrics just yet ... since I'm going to use
EQ to make patterns to share, I don't want to use such old fabrics that no
one else will be able to find them.

Have you tried Stash? I just bought Stash 07 and it's GREAT!! I may have
some fabrics that Polly's interested in ... I'll go look! :-)

Quilty hugs!!
Connie (who's currently waiting for past versions of Stash to be delivered!
Yay!! )

Old September 11th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Look at #15 and #16.

And yes, I managed to get fabric from EQ5 into EQ6. Now if only I can
remember how I did that!

Old September 11th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Connie,

I just bought STASH Spring 2006 at a sewing/quilting expo a couple of weeks
ago! I think I'm a wee bit behind! :-) I do download the free
palettes/libraries from the EQ site.

I have both EQ5 and EQ6. I didn't know how to use either of them until
recently. I started learning EQ5 back in the winter (?) because I have all
the books for EQ5, but I've only gotten through the skinny book that came in
the box with the CD. I'm trying to move myself over to EQ6. I kind of like
having both.

EQ has directions about how to download from other sites?!?!
Aaaarrrrgghhhhh!!! I absolutely positively have to work on my Bento Box
today and tomorrow. Maybe I can play with EQ this evening. . . . .

Old September 11th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I think I'm probably trying to do too many things at the same time; finally
the lemon pie for lunch is in the refrigerator, the chicken and boiled eggs
are cooling and the breakfast dishes are yelling at me but here goes -
I did a very vague job of asking my question. Let's try again.
Marcia's quilt has: gold stars, sort of ivory stars formed by the kite
shapes and both are shown on a red floral background.
What I'm wondering is this. What if: the gold stars were solid white,
the background fabric was solid blue and the stars formed by the kite shapes
were red?
(I'm thinking you might be better able to follow my question if you went
to page 2 of her quilt where she shows lots of blocks put together.) The
full sink calls me. Polly

"Kay Ahr"wrote Well, I had only one problem -- couldn't find fabric within

Old September 11th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"Kay Ahr" wrote in message
Connie,

I just bought STASH Spring 2006 at a sewing/quilting expo a couple of

weeks
ago! I think I'm a wee bit behind! :-) I do download the free
palettes/libraries from the EQ site.

Are you kiddin'? I'm desperately playin' "catch up" - I'm new to ALL of this
cyber-quilting and "digital quilting." I feel like everyone else has left
me far behind!! :-)

So, considerin' that I only got EQ6 about a month (?) ago, you're WAY ahead
of me! :-)
So I guess that means I'm a BIG behind, eh? ;-)

I have both EQ5 and EQ6. I didn't know how to use either of them until
recently. I started learning EQ5 back in the winter (?) because I have

all
the books for EQ5, but I've only gotten through the skinny book that came

in
the box with the CD. I'm trying to move myself over to EQ6. I kind of

like
having both.

I'm still thinkin' about getting EQ5 ... everyone I've talked to says that
it's easier to learn on (and boy! am I still learnin'!!) and seems to just
be a nice idea if I want to share patterns with people who've not made the
move to 6 yet.

That being said, I've only had EQ for 'bout a month, but I'm already a HUGE
fan!! I can't remember how I got by without it ...

I have both the manual (of course) and Fran's "EQ6 Simplified." It's a good
read. Goes into a bit more depth than the manual does ... gets your hands a
bit dirtier. Such as the manual doesn't give a peep about making appliqued
borders, while Fran makes sure to cover it and cover it well. Much more than
worth the $20 I paid for it!! :-)

And I can bet you that as soon as she has her next EQ6 class at Quilt
University, I'll be one of the first to sign up! :-)

EQ has directions about how to download from other sites?!?!
Aaaarrrrgghhhhh!!! I absolutely positively have to work on my Bento Box
today and tomorrow. Maybe I can play with EQ this evening. . . . .

I wrote on the Forums askin' about a fabric (if it was going to make it onto
Stash Fall 07 - which I'm dying for!!) and Sara said that I could just go to
the manufacturer's sites and download the swatches! So I did! I saved'em off
the sites (VERY time-consuming - you've gotta be SEW patient!!) and told EQ
where to find them. I think I may be missing a step ... I did this t'other
day and can't remember things as well as I used to!

Try this link - it'll explain it better than I can!! Since you might not
want to wait until I've had my third can of coke (NEED the caffiene!!). :-)

http://www.electricquilt.com/Users/F...09/LOM0209.asp

Big ol' quilty hugs!!
Connie :-)

Old September 11th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Wonderful, just wonderful. Thank you, Kay. Polly

"Kay Ahr" wrote How about #17 and #18?

Quilterscache Sally Swindells Quilting 16 July 26th 07 01:03 AM
name that block Polly Esther Quilting 20 April 3rd 06 08:43 PM
thank you for your help with car block psuj Quilting 0 October 30th 05 09:52 PM
"Strolling the Block" block exchange....members wanted! Terbear Quilting 5 October 4th 04 04:45 AM
Cat block Help CHARLES MURPHY Quilting 3 December 5th 03 12:50 PM