Question about the Janome 6600

Old September 11th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MB

Default Question about the Janome 6600

Carissa...I just saw this on the Yahoo 6600/6500 group...and notice that
there are
3 feet that you might have to buy ..unless you can somehow bargain your way
to get them..
As I understand it these are the feet that you have to buy extra: open
toe, quilt in the ditch, 1/4 inch ,
if you want them...apparently not needed but nice to have.
This is the quote from the yahoo group : "I was very lucky when I bought my
machine. They included all three
new accufeed feet plus a discounted price. I think I need to invest in the
straight stitch plate from what I've read."
Anyway...lots of good info in that group....I've joined it because I'm
interested in buying it too !!!
Still can't make up my mind after months of looking ! Mary in VT

"Carissa" wrote in message
newseiFi.52797$vP5.8687@edtnps90...
Well my mind is made up lol thank you to everyone I wish I could ask
for the foot to be thrown in but.... if I tried that I am sure they would
convince me I wanted to spend an extra $200 with no feet lol... I am NOT

barginer. Oh well it is on a good sale right now. My other machine is a
Janome as well, a decor 5018, and I feel bad because I have so many feet

for
it, including the extra expensive walking foot They have a used 6500

in
the store for super cheap and I am wondering if I really need the accu

feed
thing. I rarely remeber to put my walking foot on that I paid for, never
mind a free one lol. I read the reviews on pattern reviews.com and did

se
ethe yahoo group, but I dont "know" those folks I figured my last
opinion on the subject should be you folks that I know wouldnt steer me
wrong (except maybe that shoes thing... I do live in BC Canada afater

all...
land of rain and snow and no sunshine lol) If all goes well, (after I
argue with my credit card) I will own a new machine tomarrow

Carissa

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Butterflies are not insects, they are
"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
I've had mine for over a year now.

I do love it. I LOVE the knee lift and I find my right leg moving to
lift the presser foot when sewing on other machines and nothing happens.
:-) The extra harp space is so nice for machine quilting. I really
like the autofeed - particularly the open toe foot for machine quilting
straight lines as you can really see where you're going. No more
puckers either.

It does not have a free arm. However, there are sewing tricks to do
armholes and hems on a flat bed machine; after all, that's how the pros
do it. I don't do a lot of garment sewing but lack of a free arm hasn't
been an issue I can hem a sleeve either way.

There is a yahoo group for 6500/6600 owners. You can ask around there.
Also, there is an old discussion in the archives on sewing techniques
for garments on a flat bed.

It is nice to have a smaller machine to lug to classes. So, if you are
a class taking girl you might want to consider keeping your old machine
or saving for a smaller more portable machine for the future.

marcella

In article hbdFi.32054$Pd4.537@edtnps82,
"Carissa" wrote:

Hello,

I am sooo very close to buying this machine. I really really really

want
it
lol. But Before I spend all those $$ I want to hear from some owners?
Do
you love it? Why? If not why? Also, I on the rarest of occasions,

make
clothes for my daughter (she is the only one still young enough to
appreciate hand made clothes... or maybe its just that I am not very

good
lol) Anyhow, the sale people all rave about how wonderful it is for
quilting as well as other sewing, but it doesnt seem to have the part
that
detaches for sleeves. Does it? Will I miss it if it doesnt? I do

make
boxers for my three boys and find that a useful function on my basic
machine. I could keep my basic machine for that feature,( a detachable
free
arm I think it is called) but the shop is willing to take it in trade
so....
What should I do? Follow my impulsive needs or???? help me please
Thank you

Carissa

Old September 11th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I love my Janome 6600. It would be nice to have that free arm, but my old
Kenmore has it and I decided to keep the Kenmore because it wasn't worth
that much to trade it in. It was worth more to me then them.

I also purchased a small Janome which I carry with me to bees.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old September 11th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I didn't know you could get the 1/4" foot for the Accu-Feed. I will have to
check it out. Can you also get a binding foot?

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
boca_jan1atyahoodotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
Another quilter/sewist madly in love with the 6600. I absolutely love all
the special features- this machine truly *is* made for the quilter. It
sews a lovely stitch (and has a very nice selection of built-in stitches),
the extra area under the arm is wonderful, the Accu-Feed to replace the
walking foot is a marvelous convenience (I use mine for all sewing except
my free motion quilting)- the 1/4 in. foot is great for piecing in
conjunction with the Accu-Feed). The separate motor for winding bobbins
is very nice and the thread holders are great! One tip- the 1/4 in. foot
for the Accu-Feed as well as the other Accu-Feed feet are quite expensive.
I made my best deal and then insisted that the dealer throw in the 1/4.
in. foot, the ruffler foot and the open toe foot at no additional cost to
me. The machine comes with a nice selection of feet but the feet for use
with the Accu-Feed are additional.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Patti" wrote in message
Mine isn't the 6600, Carissa, so I won't comment on that question (mine
is the 6500 and I love it!).
However, I do suggest you keep your existing machine, for taking to
classes or workshops if need be (these big Janomes are *heavy*) and also
for the free arm feature. I traded my previous machine in for the 6500,
without considering the need for that; and, in the end, I had to buy an
inexpensive machine to give me back-up, portability and a free arm
feature.
.
In message hbdFi.32054$Pd4.537@edtnps82, Carissa
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old September 11th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I don't know what a binding foot is??? Check out the machine on the Janome
website. There's a list of all the feet that work with it.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Janome question Pami Quilting 3 July 13th 07 12:27 AM
Janome 6600 Sparky Quilting 18 August 30th 06 08:49 PM
Janome 6600 Marcella Peek Quilting 2 August 30th 06 05:21 PM
OT (mostly) - Janome 6600 List Rita in MA Quilting 2 July 21st 06 12:39 AM
Janome question John Freese Quilting 8 September 9th 03 08:42 PM