fabric storage

Old September 4th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default fabric storage

Has anyone bought these and uses them?

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old September 5th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

YOu gonna give us a link?
YOu know the stock answer about fabric storage is you
are supposed to send it to Pat and she will store it
with her chocolate. LOL
Taria

Old September 5th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default fabric storage-link

oops

http://www.thefabricorganizer.com/index.htm

Old September 5th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

My friends all thought I would go out & buy them, because I tend to be
pretty organized. However, those puppies are about 1/8 - 1/4" thick - do
you know how much more room they take up on your shelf? Multiply that by
the number you would need & it cuts down quite a bit on your storage space.
No - I would never buy them. I have my fabric all folded exactly the same
way, so it's easy to see what I have on my shelf. My bigger pieces (2 yards
or more) I have folded differently & I have them in a different storage
space. Nope - not going to give up all that storage space. You can't make
me & that's my final word on it!

Pauline
Northern California

Old September 5th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Seems to me a person could do much the same thing with cardboard (the
back-of-the-tablet weight) for a fraction of the cost, and wouldn't take up
so much space. JMO

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old September 5th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 19:12:46 -0400, "Boca Jan"
wrote:

oops

http://www.thefabricorganizer.com/index.htm

I couldn't find a cost on that page, but I know I can do the same
thing with foam core board. Custom sizes can be had by anyone willing
to measure and cut it.

The big down-side is that either version of "bolt boards" would take
up my limited precious stash space. By folding without bolt boards I
can store more fabric in less space.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 5th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

That's what I was thinking......maybe even cardstock.

--
Mary
"Carolyn McCarty" wrote in message
: Seems to me a person could do much the same thing with cardboard (the
: back-of-the-tablet weight) for a fraction of the cost, and wouldn't take
up
: so much space. JMO
:
: --
: Carolyn in The Old Pueblo
:
: If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green
: If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. --Carolyn McCarty
:
: If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green
: If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer. --Carolyn McCarty
:
: "Boca Jan" wrote in message
: ...
: oops
:
: http://www.thefabricorganizer.com/index.htm
:
: --
: Boca Jan
: Florida - Land of the Hurricanes
: boca_jan1atyahoodotcom
: http://community.webshots.com/user/BocaJan
:
:
:
: ...

Old September 5th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana wilson

Not buying them here either!! Could buy more fabric with the money NOT
spent on the fabric holders. If I want to look at it all neat, I'll go to
the store (& buy more fabric while I'm there!)

Nana finally getting her stash organized

Old September 5th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I don't know if it would work for me or not but it surely does look pretty.
I really like the idea. Polly

Old September 5th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Often the fabric stores will give away those cardboard inserts
from the bolts; many just put them in the trash anyway.
One summer by kids gathered enough of them to build a fort in the
dining room. Strange kids.
Anyway, cutting that insert in half would give the same size as
these store-bought models; a piece of masking tape will keep the
fabric on there.
However, I don't want my fabrics sitting out in the sunlight on
shelves that way. I prefer to have them in the tubs (loosely sorted
by color) in the dark, until I need them. So far, they do as I say.
;-D

R/Sandy--not spending my time winding fabric onto cardboard...

stash storage Buckeye Bev Quilting 16 October 10th 04 07:12 PM
Found in fabric storage Debra Quilting 6 February 17th 04 05:13 AM
FABRIC STORAGE [email protected] Quilting 2 January 25th 04 03:16 AM
Fabric Storage in Stash Room Allie Orange Needlework 6 October 29th 03 05:20 PM