So what are you working on?

Old May 10th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Meredith

Default So what are you working on?

I have a lot of projects in progress right now, although I've finished up a
bunch in the past month. I have:

- 3 sewing projects (2 dresses and a buttondown shirt)
- finishing/hemming of a JCS ornament from several years ago
- tropical fish on black linen - The Ocean from Cross My Heart
- blouse with a whitework border around the neck
- an old cross-stitch kit with 9 angels on it
- "Angle of Love" by Cross-eyed Kat
- a beaded necklace from an issue of New Stitches that I gave to my cousin
and thus can't finish. doh!

How about you?

Meredith

Old May 10th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Good topic - we haven't had an update recently!

I'm working on BOAF L'Printemps. About 40% of the way through - and
after what happened to Otomne, it's not going to any swim meets LOL!
My swim meet piece is It Raining Cats and Dogs (Thanks Gillian!)

Linda

Old May 10th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bungadora

On May 9, 8:40 pm, lewmew wrote:
Good topic - we haven't had an update recently!

Same old, same old, but I'm getting closer to completion on a couple
of projects. I just started back on the background of my Iris panel
this past week. I'm about 5/6 of the way done, then I'll have to think
about finishing.

I sewed the silk edges to the holly cross stitch I've been working on,
but haven't done the quilting on it yet.

Other projects in waiting
- bead embroidery sampler jewelery bag
- musical angel cross stitch
- cabled navy cotton sweater
- box pattern afghan, knitted
- ecru counterpane

Nothing else started. I have, however, completed a raised box planter
for my tomatoes and should start shovelling in dirt this weekend.
Dora

Old May 10th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Welcome back!

I am *supposed* to be finishing a housewarming gift, but I got off-count
at both ends and in the middle, and am now at the point of having to
fudge everything everywhere.

Since I'm working nights right now (although after tonight, with both
computers having different malfunctions, I'm about to toss both
computers in the neighbor's hot tub and quit -- don't ask), I'm too
tired to figure it out when I finally sit down to stitch.

So, I picked up something less challenging ... MLI's Dance of the Roses,
which, like most MLIs, once you get the bones laid out (which I did on a
weekend), it's just following along the existing lines. This is due for
an August 1 birthday.

--

Karen C - California
MAY IS CFS/FIBROMYALGIA AWARENESS MONTH

www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf

Finished 5/2/07 -- Forget Love, I'd rather fall into CHOCOLATE!

WIP: housewarming gifts, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old May 10th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Meredith

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
"Meredith" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with
I have a lot of projects in progress right now, although I've finished up
bunch in the past month. I have:

- 3 sewing projects (2 dresses and a buttondown shirt)
- finishing/hemming of a JCS ornament from several years ago
- tropical fish on black linen - The Ocean from Cross My Heart
- blouse with a whitework border around the neck
- an old cross-stitch kit with 9 angels on it
- "Angle of Love" by Cross-eyed Kat
- a beaded necklace from an issue of New Stitches that I gave to my cousin
and thus can't finish. doh!

How about you?

Meredith

Good to see you again. I have a couple of crewel works in progress,
though they don't progress very fast lol

I never said how long these have been WIPs - most of them predate grad
school.

You might consider skipping the fancy wedding and just getting
married, it works !

we've considered just about every permutation, and decided we want to throw
a big party. Shouldn't be too expensive, though, since we're cutting a
bunch of traditional stuff. And waiting until we can pay cash, for sure.

Meredith

Old May 10th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 5/9/07 10:20 PM, "Meredith" wrote:

I have a lot of projects in progress right now, although I've finished up a
bunch in the past month. I have:

*snip*

Way too many in the UFO or NYS (not yet started) bin to list.

How about you?

Currently working on:

Neptune/Poseidon by Lynne Nicoletti (about 10-15% done)
Be Kind & True by Blackbird Designs - modified to be a wedding piece
Love & Wisdom by Drawn Thread - about 1/3 done
Summer Garden Sampler by VS - all done but the beading, and staring at me

Some garment sewing - a "salvar kameez" set for a friend
Irish Chain lab quilt in morning glories and hand-dyed fabric - just
finishing attaching the borders, then ready to quilt

Hmmm, seems like enough for the moment

Ellice

Old May 10th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

I've started what will probably be at *least* a year-long project:
Carol Emmer's Heirloom Nativity. There's a pic he http://tinyurl.com/2bf3ch

I'm a glutton for punishment and am going to stitch both sides of them
so I can arrange them however I want. I am stitching them in the
order of appearance in the story, so I have one side of Mary done, the
manger (without Jesus for now and yes, I know that's not in
order...had a temporary lapse of memory on the decision to do them in
order) and I've just started on the angel. I still have to reverse
the patterns so I can stitch the other side.

Recent finishes are a silhouette design by children's book artist Tedd
Arnold about a mother reading to children and Bethlehem , which is
currently at the framer's: http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-bin/ite...l?item=00-1710

I will try to get pics of them up on my webshots album (ndjoan) in the
near future.

Joan

Old May 10th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Twinsmom

On May 9, 10:20 pm, "Meredith" wrote:

((snip))

How about you?

Meredith

I'm working on MLI's The Quiltmaker, have it 2/3 or more done, just
the little girl in red and a tad of the quilt left. (Yay! The blue is
all done!) Also have Mill Hill's Blue Jay Santa in my purse, and it's
slowly showing progress. Will finish it once The Quiltmaker is done.
And my 12-year-old daughter informed me last night that she would like
an authentic-looking Irish imigrant costume to wear the day she gives
her presentation in Social Studies in about 2 weeks, so will need to
fire up the sewing machine again this weekend.

Carolyn

Old May 10th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Twinsmom" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 9, 10:20 pm, "Meredith" wrote:

((snip))

How about you?

Meredith

I'm catching up on all the small projects that need doing:

A Dimensions Gold Kit of a Geisha, called Mai
A Dolly Mama that a friend asked me to make for her
and
The Sweetheart Tree "D is for Dog." This one is great fun and has a couple
of different stitches, a few beads and a few specialty threads, all on a
5"x5" piece.

Waiting in the wings a
Toccata Number Two that's all kitted up and ready to go
and
The Sandy Orton Lily Sampler

Last, and possibly never to be finished: A Cross Stitch quilt top that I
started who knows when and an appliqué and quilted wall hanging.

Lucille

Old May 10th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sharon

On May 10, 11:34 am, "Joan E." wrote:
[...]

That's what I like to see in a post Joan - an url (if possible) to
whatever everyone is working on - curiousity killed the cat you
know. :-)) I just got a piece back from the framer's today and I
love it - I haven't taken a picture of it yet, but you can see it at
www.mirabilia.com - it's called Mermaids of the Deep Blue #85. Now
I'm working on Shall We Dance - http://www.pawprintscrossstitch.com/dimples.htm
- it's a biggie so it will be a while before it's finished. I have
two quilts at the quilter's too so I've been busy ... and now it's
gardening season - grooooooooan The weeds grow faster than I can pick
them.

Sharon (N.B.)

Still not working... Carol In WI Needlework 0 May 3rd 07 10:12 AM
What's everybody 'working' on? YarnWright Yarn 41 September 28th 06 09:30 PM
What I've been working on.... Beadbimbo Beads 20 January 22nd 06 05:47 PM
Working with Fun Fur deMoMo Yarn 2 December 3rd 05 06:13 PM
what is everyone working on? Beadseeker Beads 63 January 10th 05 05:28 AM